ACN Latitudes Forums

Has anyone tried camel's milk?

Megan

I use it with my PANS kids. I see the most difference with my daughter who is of course our worst case. She has had less defiance and a more calm attitude. She is just easier to negotiate with. There was a day or two regression the first week but we decreased how much we were giving and it went away. Just need to start off slow, like anything else. We have seen a great growth spurt in both she and my son since starting it 5 months ago. It is expensive, but we don't use a huge amount. Also, since all of our kids like regular milk, we just mix it with their regular milk and they never know the difference. Actually, I have drank it and can't tell the difference either. We get ours from camel milk association on line. We buy it frozen. My mother also uses it for her diabetes and it has brought her glucose numbers down by 20-30 points per day.

It's a little pricey, so it's worth a try, but if I didn't get positives from it I for sure would not continue. Go to the facebook page for more info. Best of luck.

Dedee

I started at 1/3 cup but then moved up to 1/2 cup. Thats when she had trouble. So I went back to 1/3 cup. That has been where we stayed. Seems like she has regression when we go up. Most likely we could push through it but we have been switching antibiotics and other things so I really just haven't tried. I think its similar to a herx when she gets too much. Just a theory. But she has done great on the low amount.

I got it for myself in hopes of diminishing my food allergies. Turns out I am one of the few people who is severely allergic to CM. Did not want to waste it, so started making CM milkshakes for PANDAS DS 14. He drank them 2x a week for a couple of months. No behavioral differences except for extreme silliness a lot of the time. Overall IgG went up by 35 points, which is great because his is quite low. At that point, we increased CM to 3x a week, hoping for more immune system benefits. But then DS got systemic hives that would not go away. We thought it was the antibiotics, so switched those and switched probiotics. Finally realized the hives were caused by the CM. Stopped CM and hives went away. Tried adding it again, and they came back. If anyone is local in Northern VA and wants to give the CM a try, I have a reasonable amount of it in my freezer. PM me and you can come pick it up.

That's encourageing to hear about your son's IgG levels going up. Sorry to hear he developed an allergy though. My son is IgG deficient but we havent checked his levels since starting the camels milk. The biggest thing we noticed with my son was that he has started a growth spurt since starting the milk. I don't think it was coincidental. He used to be shorter than all the boys in his class and now he is the same or taller than most. He is loving that! So I feel like it must be helping. Just wish it was a little more affordable.

Dedee