ACN Latitudes Forums

anyone had any luck with Blue Cross/Shield for IVIG?

Jaal

Also...what have people spent for IVIG treatment when it is not covered by insurance?

It seems like Dr K is more expensive... does it really matter who performs the IVIG as long as the dose is the same and the solution comes from a trusted source?

My son has had IVIG treatment done twice and it was covered by BCBS both times. He has done in the hospital as inpatient over a two day period, staying one night in the hospital. It is covered as post infectious encephalitis. Good Luck!

How did you get BCBS to cover it...when Dr K filled out my info, they rejected it...did you have your Doctor write anything in particular?

Thank you!

Edited by Jaal

the charge is by the lb. or kg. My son was 43.75 lb.'s and the cost of the product itself was 3800.00. This was a prett fair price. The doc fees for overseeing the treatment over a period of 2 days was 900.00.

When you did have this done?

I tried to PM you, but I was having problems with it.

Thanks

My son has had IVIG treatment done twice and it was covered by BCBS both times. He has done in the hospital as inpatient over a two day period, staying one night in the hospital. It is covered as post infectious encephalitis. Good Luck!

[/qu

Edited by mpsloan

We were successful using immune deficiency in 2008/2009 -- DD had low IgG levels. Once IgG levels were normal we tried using PANDAS diagnosis but it was rejected after multiple appeals. So we moved to HPHC. Now back to BCBS since DD no longer requires IVIg.

BCBS helped cover our dd's two IVIgs for encephalitis/encephalopathy with Dr K. The dilemma is that each insurance plan covers different types of medical care and treatment so what may be covered can vary widely even with the same insurance provider.

I echo Mary. Each plan within an insurance company may be different. We have had two paid for thru bcbs. My dh's employer uses bcbs to administer the program. The company self insures and sets its own rules within the policy.

We had IVIG with Dr K both times.

Edited by nicklemama