ACN Latitudes Forums

Ds acting different

mar

I have had a cold I the last five days feeling better. But ds who seems fine comes home yesterday just more wired. He walks in with his lips red and seems real hyper. I can tell he is stressed or something.. He has a lot of energy and is talking a lot about different topics. He is emotional at times. So he tells me that his teacher said that the environment is changing and that we might not get snow ( his dad got a snowmobile which was no cost to us) and he thinks we will never get snow. Then he blames that pollution is messing everything up. Then they have been talking about aliens and his teacher said their real. Then he mentions a door in his school bathroom that janitors go into and he seen cigarette buds which means they are smoking in the school. He was going to say something but did not want to get in trouble of going into the room. I told him to stay out but he is not listening. So yesterday he is telling me he is hyper. Yes I see that and it's taking a long time to do homework. So he comes home today with lips looking better but still is very hyper. He keeps talking about everything and anything. He said that he feels Like he has to keep talking. He is pulling out mag out of cabinet and saying why don't I give him this anymore and basically he is wired. He is ticcing some but that's normal. Could the topics at school be causes this stress or do u believe it's sickness? He saids that his teacher said it could be the opposite of an ice age and who knows when we will see snow. He worries too much. Could worry cause all these changes or should j think sickness. Why does he stress so much???

Mar

I should mention that he got a comilian ( lizard cannot spell) for Christmas. He has a bearded dragon but never handles it. But handles this one a lot and I stress washi v hands bc of selmonella. So he has been stressed about that. Why is it if j mention something and judge make sure DH washing hands after he dwells and worries and goes into crazy mode. I don't know how else to explain it. He asks tons of questions and worries about it. So this could up lead up to it.

Mar

Sounds like a flare and OCD. It is a pretty bad germ season. When I am sick, even if my son does not catch it, he will often have a short flare in response. His antibodies react to me. All that talk at school can be upsetting to sensitive kids and sometimes teachers lose sight of the appropriate way to present these issues...

If I see ANY change in my kids, their attitudes, behaviors, etc- it is 100% of the time a pandas flare.

We try to get ahead of it quickly with advil and antibiotics, and coming down swiftly on any behavior issues, and cutting off of complaining/ talking, and re directing hyper activity.

Usually for us it will pass in a week or so.

Agree with beesknees- exposure to illness can be the culprit.

Good luck.

This happens Around our house as well. Lots of worry over germs, and things that seem ridiculous to most of us. It usually just lasts a couple of days. I usually don't change any meds or anything unless it lasts more than a few days or unless the ticcing gets really bad. Hopefully it won't last long.

Very interesting and annoying!!! What will I do with this child:) so he has a friend over today, a friend who shares lunch period with him. Let me just say ds is sensitive to oranges and all citrus foods. Pineapples used to make his lips flear up. I have been letting him have a clementine here and there and certain type of oranges without issues. Just want extra boost of vitamin c this time of year. So his friend starts cracking up and saying remember when you went around the lunchroom and got like 14 oranges and had your mouth covered trying to eat them all and trying to make orange juice out of them !! That was funny! ds looks over at me and says your exaggerating ok the friend says ag least 10. So I'm like was this today. No he says a couple of days ago. So this is why he came home with red lips and face and acting all hyper. He was freaking probably stressed that he was hiding this from me. And then would explain why he comes home one day with red lips and face!!!! So here is me wondering about sickness and what not but this is the reason. I need to have a talk with him tommorow! This has to be the reason bc his lips got better within two days. I just canf believe he did this! I need to have his friend come over every week to see what I can learn!! Very interesting!!!!!

Mar

A little rebellion - good for him. I think kids need to find things out for themselves and until they can do this they aren't really capable of looking after themselves. It sounds like your son's citrus experiment turned out poorly - maybe he will take your suggestions about diet a little more seriously now.

So glad you found out the reason for the lip inflammation. I know every sniffle, itch or isolated tic makes me crazy thinking about what could be happening now!

A little rebellion - good for him. I think kids need to find things out for themselves and until they can do this they aren't really capable of looking after themselves. It sounds like your son's citrus experiment turned out poorly - maybe he will take your suggestions about diet a little more seriously now.

So glad you found out the reason for the lip inflammation. I know every sniffle, itch or isolated tic makes me crazy thinking about what could be happening now!

Totally agree! Everything freaks me out. How refresshing that his behavior was that of a typical boy his age-" knuckle head". :)

Crazy. He tells me it was 15 slices. Anyway he also ate fries from sonic b/c his friend had them and he has had ones from a different place at one time and assumed its ok. He is sensitive to soy!! So of course I'm like I guess it won't kill him and I would be very uncool to start saying no!! Ugh!!! He has not gas fries for three years prior. He reacted to soy flour couple of years ago with ton of congestion and misery but no congestion eith the fries but her we go this whole weekend he is ticcing like crazy! Had cheese at birthday family b-day party on sun. And snuck grapes. Sleep over there with a dog in the house (allergic). But did fine in the past. He is emotional, crabby and doing multiple tics!! I have been giving him the mag these last three days bc he is begging for it!! He saids he feels very hyper and it helps. So today j said your done we need to gk back on diet. He agreed. I asked today if he is feeling ok and he got emotional and said its just my habbits ( which is what we used when he was younger). I said ok and he's like no you don't understand! You guys keep asking me and basically wants to be left alone. I just feel so bad for him right now bc he is doing at least three tics at a time!!! He is getting older and stressing out more. I do understand bc DH tics. I know j should just let him be but can anyone suggest on how I could talk to a 10 1/2 yr old about his dad having this and how much sk k explain or do k stick to its habits. I hate tk see him struggle

Mar!