ACN Latitudes Forums

504 for Lyme?

Hopeny

Does anyone have a sample they would be able to send me? DD is constantly having issues pop up with teachers not wanting to let her sit in the floor (she can't because of arthralgia pain in hips) and I am tired of dealing with it and just want to get it in writing. I also wave to somehow include the brain fog, lethargy etc. if you have something you used that worked please pm me or share. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a sample they would be able to send me? DD is constantly having issues pop up with teachers not wanting to let her sit in the floor (she can't because of arthralgia pain in hips) and I am tired of dealing with it and just want to get it in writing. I also wave to somehow include the brain fog, lethargy etc. if you have something you used that worked please pm me or share. Thank you

Hopeny,

I have the same question. Did you get any samples? Dd 12 back in school, a new school, beginning early December and doing extremely well, however, I am feeling a 504 may be necessary. After much testing she landed in accelerated math, but after not finishing her mid-term exam, at our request the teacher gave her more time. With the extra time she scored a 93, without it an 81, this after missing the first 3 months of school. He found that interesting, and asked the classroom teacher what she thought about a 504. The teacher spoke with dd who told teacher that the problem was that she needed to check and re-check every answer many times. Classroom teacher told her not to re-check (!!!!!) She also needs to re-read things many times. Sooooo, now feeling like we may soon need this. The problem is that she is pretty successful most of the time, but with more time on tests and separating assignment due dates so the anxiety of a long night of homework (due to perfectionism) is avoided, she could be extremely successful. I think our kids deserve that opportunity - if they see themselves as "smart" it would be a huge confidence boost.

Anyone have any sample letters regarding neurological impairment for the doctor to just

sign?

Thanks in advance!

Hopeny,

I received a number of great replies, very useful info, when I posted the same question on the PANDAS board, so check those out!

Lots of great experienced folks responded.

Laura

Hopeny,

I have the same question. Did you get any samples? Dd 12 back in school, a new school, beginning early December and doing extremely well, however, I am feeling a 504 may be necessary. After much testing she landed in accelerated math, but after not finishing her mid-term exam, at our request the teacher gave her more time. With the extra time she scored a 93, without it an 81, this after missing the first 3 months of school. He found that interesting, and asked the classroom teacher what she thought about a 504. The teacher spoke with dd who told teacher that the problem was that she needed to check and re-check every answer many times. Classroom teacher told her not to re-check (!!!!!) She also needs to re-read things many times. Sooooo, now feeling like we may soon need this. The problem is that she is pretty successful most of the time, but with more time on tests and separating assignment due dates so the anxiety of a long night of homework (due to perfectionism) is avoided, she could be extremely successful. I think our kids deserve that opportunity - if they see themselves as "smart" it would be a huge confidence boost.

Anyone have any sample letters regarding neurological impairment for the doctor to just

sign?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Laura, I did not receive any examples so will check your PANDAS board post. I have struggled with requesting more time for tests. I know that will further complicate the process. DD also has eye blurring etc so she doesn't always see the problems properly. The main reason I was putting one together is for her arthralgia, we are constantly running into her having to explain to subs, PE, etc, that its too painful for her to sit on the floor.