ACN Latitudes Forums

Never Do a Stool Transplant or Get Implanon

We tried our thoroughly screened stool transplant on Jan 2. On Dec we got an Implanon birth control implant. We now live in ###### again. Doctor said no way stool transplant could do this, but who knows. I read later that Implanon should not be used if Sydenham's Chorea develops. Doctor had said so little hormone, very safe.... Daughter will not have the implant removed. Can not get a good stool test as described by Dr. Cunningham, it should be kept in an oxygen free container as oxygen kills the bacteria. Can not find a hospital that has these so I could mail it to ARUP lab in Oregon I think to do an anaerobic bacteria screening. Prior to this only two things helped but they helped well to stop horrific violent vocal and full body motor tics. One was Cholestyramine powder which binds to toxins, One was one dose of Flagyl (not the recommended 2 per day) and Jarro-dophilus with FOS 3.4 billion and saccharomicis broulardi. Which took it completely away. When we gave the full dose of Flagyl, she became worse. When she is constipated, she is much worse,. At least this was how it was before these two new things. I want to jump off a bridge right now. I should have suspected either the hormones or stool transplant could go wrong, but EVERY piece of literature said it was perfect to heal immune disorders.

Help!

Nancy

Sorry, but I don't think every piece of literature says that progestin is good for immune disorders - perhaps every piece of mainstream medical literature <_< . It can actually act as an inflammatory - like estrogen. I find bio-identical progesterone very helpful with inflammation. If you want a good site with lots of information on bio-identical progesterone PM me. Sorry about the transplant - I was thinking you might have good luck with that.

I'm sorry to hear this... I know you were very excited about the procedure. Sorry if I am not fully understanding the post but are you TRYING to do a stool test now since getting the transplant? Do you think your daughter is having gut/GI issues since you did it or is it a pandas flare?

Sorry, but I don't think every piece of literature says that progestin is good for immune disorders - perhaps every piece of mainstream medical literature <_< . It can actually act as an inflammatory - like estrogen. I find bio-identical progesterone very helpful with inflammation. If you want a good site with lots of information on bio-identical progesterone PM me. Sorry about the transplant - I was thinking you might have good luck with that.

Implanon is supposed to be progesterone only. I did not say that I'd read progestin was good for immune disorders. the literature was pertaining to the stool transplant. We are in a nightmare and no idea what to do. Started Flagyl just in case....

Nancy

Nancy-Our family is in a terrible way at the moment, as well. We have not done anything like a stool transplant, but we have been in a downward spiral for a couple of months, and have now reached rock bottom. I just want you to know that my thoughts are with you and your family, and I feel your pain. I'm in a panic trying to figure out what to do next, too.

God Bless and stay hopeful. Michele

Implanon is supposed to be progesterone only. I did not say that I'd read progestin was good for immune disorders. the literature was pertaining to the stool transplant. We are in a nightmare and no idea what to do. Started Flagyl just in case....

Nancy

The progestin in Implanon is very different from the progesterone produced by the body and can cause significant inflammation. You might want to look at side effects of progestin supplementation. Sorry you are having a hard time....

Edited by rowingmom

I'm so sorry! I would be inclined to force her to allow the implant to be removed - if this is humanly possible.

It doesn't sound like you've tried the cholestyramine yet? If you're worried about it causing constipation, taking magnesium can relieve the constipation. I take Cholestyramine and it does cause some problems, so I take up to 1,300 mg of Magnesium per day, depending on what I need that day.

Hang in there - you will figure this out.

I'm so sorry! I would be inclined to force her to allow the implant to be removed - if this is humanly possible.

It doesn't sound like you've tried the cholestyramine yet? If you're worried about it causing constipation, taking magnesium can relieve the constipation. I take Cholestyramine and it does cause some problems, so I take up to 1,300 mg of Magnesium per day, depending on what I need that day.

Cholestyramine has been a God send! Three times today! Also doing an anti inflammatory diet. So many fruits, veggies and water. Gave her a Flagyl too and bed time will be her jarro-dophilus 3.4 with FOS (yellow label) which is a great anti inflkam, anti bacteria formula. Pray it helps. DAN thinks staph in nose fueling the fire. Going to see gastro too. Besides Quercitin, what else can calm a over active immune system? OhI forgot giving Advil 3 times a day. Still not great!

Thanks,

Nancy

I know you were so excited about the stool transplant. What do you think is actually causing the problems? The implant or the stool transplant? When did she have the implant? You said December? Were there immediate problems after that, or did things just escalate after the stool transplant? Sorry so many questions just trying to put it all together. Hopefully the gi doctor will have some answers for you. Keep us posted as we pray for your family.

Ditto...I also took cholestyramine for about 3 months, due to severe mold exposure. I had some consitipation at first until I upped my magnesium.

Also, I'm confused as to why you did both the hormones and the stool transplant at the same time? But, regardless, if there's any way you can get the hormone removed, I would highly recommend it.

My prayers are with you.

Edited by tpotter

Nancy,

I am so sorry you are going through this. You are a great mom and doing all you can.

Could this be a herx of some sort?

The couple of times i read about stool transplants i thought herxing was a possability?

And not that you want to ever do this again, but i also believe that i read in most casese it takes a couple transplants to get it to its working/proper proportion(level)?

Again i have not REAlly investigated, i haven't even had a chance to read the links you posted in regards to stool transplants, though i still would like to understand the procedure, i have only skimmed the topic.

I may have well missed some of your posts, but i was not aware you were currently doing anything regarding estrogen. Is that part of the stool transplant process?

I was so praying that you would see at least a little benefit from this. Though i wonder if in time you still might. Idk. But again, that estrogen thing, which i know nothing about at all, might be a glich in what happens with the transplant.

I am sure if things are in a horrible place you are spinning in circles. I had sent you an email with some things that still might play into your DD recovery. I think they could still be incorporated at this piont and may be of benefit. Again idk.

God Be with you and your DD and all here!!