ACN Latitudes Forums

Brain Balance Centers?

So I recently learned about the Brain Balance Center... It's basically a functional medicine type of learning center. It specializes mostly in kids who are ASD, ADD/ADHD but what caught my eye is that they also mention Tourette's and OCD. At the center we visited today, they were familiar with PANDAS and while they don't treat it from a traditional medical standpoint, they work on many of the things that PANDAS can cause. I really like the concept of balancing the two sides of the brain I'm just not sure of its going to be effective on a PANS kid where inflammation is probably a bigger factor. I don't know, it was interesting stuff. Wondering if anyone else has come across this program or considered it? They pretty much do the work of OT, some CBT, some nutrition, they do lab work and make dietary and supplement suggestions. It's kind of a light version of a bunch of different practices condensed in to a 12 week program.

So I recently learned about the Brain Balance Center... It's basically a functional medicine type of learning center. It specializes mostly in kids who are ASD, ADD/ADHD but what caught my eye is that they also mention Tourette's and OCD. At the center we visited today, they were familiar with PANDAS and while they don't treat it from a traditional medical standpoint, they work on many of the things that PANDAS can cause. I really like the concept of balancing the two sides of the brain I'm just not sure of its going to be effective on a PANS kid where inflammation is probably a bigger factor. I don't know, it was interesting stuff. Wondering if anyone else has come across this program or considered it? They pretty much do the work of OT, some CBT, some nutrition, they do lab work and make dietary and supplement suggestions. It's kind of a light version of a bunch of different practices condensed in to a 12 week program.

I have heard from parents from other forums take their kids to BBC with mixed results. It's expensive. I have had practitioners tell me neuro biofeeddback is beneficial for some of these kids if you can find good practitioner in your area. That may be worth the money if you can find it?? Good luck!