ACN Latitudes Forums

Vitamin C/Samento

I have been using Vitamin C for DD who is low on phosphoric acid which integrative Dr says can be part of the bone pain problem. I thought I was doing a good thing by ordering it from our supplement supplier, but it came today (Pure brand) and I see that it has magnesium in it. I know magnesium can be bad for Lyme. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I use it anyway?

I am thinking of starting samento, has anyone used with kids/any feedback? DD is just turning 9

thanks in advance

Ask your doctor for his/her thoughts on supplementing magnesium. A couple of months ago when it appeared that DD11's new pulsing protocol was helping with most symptoms, but that shin pain kept reoccurring with exertion, our LLMD increased vitamin C to 3000 mg/day, magnesium to 300 mg/day and calcium to 300 mg/day. DD11 has had definate improvement in long bone pain, but I am not sure if it is due to the continuation of the abx protocol or her increased intake of vit C and minerals.

I know many LLMD's don't suggest supplementing with magnesium or other substances required by borrelia (ie glucosamine) in order to starve and weaken the bacteria. There is another hypothesis out there (which Buhner mentions in his book as well) that, as parasites, lyme and co. must extract everything they need from our bodies, resulting in deficiency symptoms, weakening us and rendering us incapable of mounting a healthy immune response. We have to be healthy to fight the infections. Our LLMD suggests supplementing with minerals even while we are on a biofilm protocol of InterFase and Boluoke.

1 year ago, after about 5 months of treatment we tried to withdraw biaxin (for lyme) and replace it with samento/banderol, while continuing rifampin (for bart). A pretty much total relapse resulted after 2 months. DD11 (10 at the time) had no problem with the herbs (no herx) but they didn't help much either. Perhaps her load was too high. After that, biaxin/rifampin were resumed, and Byron White A-L and A-Bart were started. She had a significant herx with those and we had to ease way back and ramp up slowly. After a couple of months with biaxin/rifampin/A-L/A-Bart the LLMD tried to discontinue rifampin to see if A-Bart would deter the bartonella, but we ended up with another relapse after 2 months.

Can't wait to be able to cut back on abx!

Hi Rowing Mom,

I wonder if you might share the biofilm protocol your Dr. follows. We are taking the bolouke on empty stomach, but not the interfase.

In addition, I read also that many things we are "low" in are actually because we have "bugs" that eat it up. For example, I believe the magnesium is used up in biofilm for the lyme, B12 may feed parasites, etc. You mentioned glucosamine feeds lyme. do you know any other supplements and what they might feed? The only long term answer to this may be to focus on readying the body for methylation. That is the million dollar job though.

Thanks.

Hi Rowing Mom,

I wonder if you might share the biofilm protocol your Dr. follows. We are taking the bolouke on empty stomach, but not the interfase.

In addition, I read also that many things we are "low" in are actually because we have "bugs" that eat it up. For example, I believe the magnesium is used up in biofilm for the lyme, B12 may feed parasites, etc. You mentioned glucosamine feeds lyme. do you know any other supplements and what they might feed? The only long term answer to this may be to focus on readying the body for methylation. That is the million dollar job though.

Thanks.

Our biofilm protocol is 1 Bolouke and 1 Interfase (KlaireLabs) 2x daily on an empty stomach 30 - 45 minutes before the next meal. I know her stomach is empty in the morning, but not sure about the afternoon supplementation. We are not doing any kind of chelation.

Parasites that infect humans probably require many of the same nutrients that we do. If they didn't, they would be looking elsewhere for proper living conditions. To me, it doesn't make sense to try to starve lyme and co of the nutrients that we need to survive. Bartonella requires oxygen....

Ask your doctor for his/her thoughts on supplementing magnesium. A couple of months ago when it appeared that DD11's new pulsing protocol was helping with most symptoms, but that shin pain kept reoccurring with exertion, our LLMD increased vitamin C to 3000 mg/day, magnesium to 300 mg/day and calcium to 300 mg/day. DD11 has had definate improvement in long bone pain, but I am not sure if it is due to the continuation of the abx protocol or her increased intake of vit C and minerals.

I know many LLMD's don't suggest supplementing with magnesium or other substances required by borrelia (ie glucosamine) in order to starve and weaken the bacteria. There is another hypothesis out there (which Buhner mentions in his book as well) that, as parasites, lyme and co. must extract everything they need from our bodies, resulting in deficiency symptoms, weakening us and rendering us incapable of mounting a healthy immune response. We have to be healthy to fight the infections. Our LLMD suggests supplementing with minerals even while we are on a biofilm protocol of InterFase and Boluoke.

1 year ago, after about 5 months of treatment we tried to withdraw biaxin (for lyme) and replace it with samento/banderol, while continuing rifampin (for bart). A pretty much total relapse resulted after 2 months. DD11 (10 at the time) had no problem with the herbs (no herx) but they didn't help much either. Perhaps her load was too high. After that, biaxin/rifampin were resumed, and Byron White A-L and A-Bart were started. She had a significant herx with those and we had to ease way back and ramp up slowly. After a couple of months with biaxin/rifampin/A-L/A-Bart the LLMD tried to discontinue rifampin to see if A-Bart would deter the bartonella, but we ended up with another relapse after 2 months.

Can't wait to be able to cut back on abx!

That is so dissapointing anbout the Samento/A Bart. I decided to try the C with the magnesium to see what happens. I know D feeds Borrelia too, and she has had a great response on that. I hope you can get your DD off the abx soon too, I hope we all can

That is so dissapointing anbout the Samento/A Bart. I decided to try the C with the magnesium to see what happens. I know D feeds Borrelia too, and she has had a great response on that. I hope you can get your DD off the abx soon too, I hope we all can

I know, but perhaps her overall bacterial load was too high at the time. I have a feeling we will be trying again!