ACN Latitudes Forums

Increased motor tics with abx

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rowing mom would you share the detox protocol you're using? Thanks, kathy

Since detox involves pretty much everything you put in your body, here goes:

Our LLMD uses FuturePlex antitox homeopathic detox drops: kdny-drn, deep antitox, lmph-drn, M-12 brain, lvr-drn as well as NutraMedix pinella and burbur detox twice daily in water taken with other supplements.

We use fresh lemon juice in water sweetened with stevia at least once a day, epsom salt soaks at least 3x weekly, 1 tsp psyllium husk every other day to keep everything moving, along with chia seeds in smoothies which works well for this too.

We are addressing the MTHFR deletion with methylated B6, methyl B12 and l-methylfolate. We also supplement with liposomal glutathione (2x daily), NAC and l-glutamine (every other day). We will be testing for KPU shortly.

We try to keep inflammation to a minimum with DaVinci Enz-Flame and Lutimax pediatric powder once daily, along with a gluten free, very low casein diet (~80% paleo) with lots of green leafy and cruciferous vegetables - low on the nightshades. 2000iu Vit D/day. Japanese knotweed and ALA also.

We try to keep pesticide contamination low by using organic leafy greens, apples, and potatoes (when we eat them) and basmati rice from N. California to decrease arsenic load. Organic grass-fed ghee, coconut oil and olive oil for fats. Organic eggs, NZ lamb for protein with good fat (and bone stock with the bones/marrow). Any other sources of protein are low fat because CFAO animals are fed large amounts of inflammatory omega 6 fatty acid-containing grains.

We don't eat legumes - see Robb Wolfe Paleo Diet for great explanations of how many different foods can negatively effect intestinal permeability.

We eat fermented vegetables a couple of times a week, and coconut milk kefir in smoothies a couple of times as well. DD11 gets 100 billion probiotic cultures/day divided in two.

Oh, and just to make everyone think I'm really nuts, I turn off the electricity to her bedroom at night :P .

rowingmom- what brand psyllium husk do you use? is it capsule or mixed with water? thx

What is the 23 and me kit?

It's a genetics test kit https://www.23andme.com/ Tests almost everything Yasko tests for (with a few notable exceptions in the sulfur area) but it's only $99 vs. Yasko's $495 test. The down side is that 23andMe gives you a lot of raw data that you have to try to figure out yourself (but there are supposedly apps and free online tools you can use or I know of someone who runs a Fb support site who interprets/teaches you for $50). Yasko gives you a write up and interprets your results for you.

It's a saliva test. Results used to take 2 weeks but when they dropped the price last month, they got bombarded and results are now taking 4-6 weeks. I'll be ordering my test for both kids next week. Have seen some really impressive improvements from supplements that work on their known issues (e.g. KPU and MTHFR) and think I might be able to get them really close to the finish line by having specific info on other methylation blocks - certainly cheaper than buying supplement after supplement and "hoping" they help.

You didn't ask but FWIW, we use NOW Foods Psyllium Husk capsules http://www.amazon.com/Foods-Psyllium-Husk-500mg-Capsules/dp/B0013OW2KS/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1357861793&sr=1-1&keywords=now+foods+psyllium+husk+500 Only $0.03/capsule. We each take one/day away from abx but with other supps like probiotics (there are only so many hours in a day - I picking my battles). Psyillium is basically mashed up corn silk/husk. You should drink a decent amount of liquid during the day, which helps the psyillium expand and it's roughage helps to cleanse the colon as it passes. It doesn't absorb toxins the way charcoal, clay or chlorella do. But it does help cleanse. It serves the same function as miralax or TruFiber - basically the same stuff.

What is the 23 and me kit?

It's a genetics test kit https://www.23andme.com/ Tests almost everything Yasko tests for (with a few notable exceptions in the sulfur area) but it's only $99 vs. Yasko's $495 test. The down side is that 23andMe gives you a lot of raw data that you have to try to figure out yourself (but there are supposedly apps and free online tools you can use or I know of someone who runs a Fb support site who interprets/teaches you for $50). Yasko gives you a write up and interprets your results for you.

It's a saliva test. Results used to take 2 weeks but when they dropped the price last month, they got bombarded and results are now taking 4-6 weeks. I'll be ordering my test for both kids next week. Have seen some really impressive improvements from supplements that work on their known issues (e.g. KPU and MTHFR) and think I might be able to get them really close to the finish line by having specific info on other methylation blocks - certainly cheaper than buying supplement after supplement and "hoping" they help.

You didn't ask but FWIW, we use NOW Foods Psyllium Husk capsules http://www.amazon.com/Foods-Psyllium-Husk-500mg-Capsules/dp/B0013OW2KS/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1357861793&sr=1-1&keywords=now+foods+psyllium+husk+500 Only $0.03/capsule. We each take one/day away from abx but with other supps like probiotics (there are only so many hours in a day - I picking my battles). Psyillium is basically mashed up corn silk/husk. You should drink a decent amount of liquid during the day, which helps the psyillium expand and it's roughage helps to cleanse the colon as it passes. It doesn't absorb toxins the way charcoal, clay or chlorella do. But it does help cleanse. It serves the same function as miralax or TruFiber - basically the same stuff.

Is it a one time fee of $99, or do you continue to pay something monthly?

Also, thanks for replying about the psyllium.

It's a one time fee.

Nice price. I may do it as well. Still never did the kpu test though.

one more question if you don't mind- can you tell me how much tryphotan (sp?) to use on a 70lb child. I need something to help my daughter with her sleep. Melatonin, benadryl, calming solutabs, all seem to be making her too irritable in the morning. Sorry if you gave this info to me before - my memory is gone with the wind these days.

It's a one time fee.

one more question if you don't mind- can you tell me how much tryphotan (sp?) to use on a 70lb child. I need something to help my daughter with her sleep. Melatonin, benadryl, calming solutabs, all seem to be making her too irritable in the morning. Sorry if you gave this info to me before - my memory is gone with the wind these days.

I give DD (55lb) and DS (85 lb) the same amount if they have a lot of anxiety, I give a full 500mg capsule of tryptophan. If they have mild anxiety, I split the capsule and only give 250mg (I have a bag of empty size 0 capsules, so I empty half into an empty capsule and save that one for the next dose - but you can also empty half a capsule into a food (the creme of an oreo cookie works for us) and save the half-full capsule for the next dose).

I'd start her at 250mg an hour before bedtime. Then try a whole capsule if you need to. The conversion goes like this tryptophan=> 5HTP => serotonin => melatonin So some of the tryptophan will get converted into other things and used up before it ever becomes melatonin.

One thing I do when the kids are a little anxious over several days is to give 250mg in the morning and 250mg in the evening. This keeps them a bit more even.

FWIW - I don't like melatonin either. I too feel a little cranky in the morning. It helps me fall asleep, but I wake not feeling as rested as I "should". I have no idea why but I can sympathize with your DD. It's just a different quality of sleep when I use melatonin and I only use it for serious insomnia. That said, I don't take tryptophan for sleep, so not sure if it would have a similar effect. When I take tryptophan, it's during the day to fight anxiety. I've not used it to induce sleep for myself.

Good luck!

re: psyllium husk, we use the smooth, unflavoured, uncoloured Metamucil, mix in water and gag it down :P .

I didn't know it was available uncoloured. Doubt my daughter would go for this, though you never know- she suprised me by drinking alka seltzer gold mixed in water. I'll give it a try. Need to get those bowels moving - thx

It's a one time fee.

I give DD (55lb) and DS (85 lb) the same amount if they have a lot of anxiety, I give a full 500mg capsule of tryptophan. If they have mild anxiety, I split the capsule and only give 250mg (I have a bag of empty size 0 capsules, so I empty half into an empty capsule and save that one for the next dose - but you can also empty half a capsule into a food (the creme of an oreo cookie works for us) and save the half-full capsule for the next dose).

I'd start her at 250mg an hour before bedtime. Then try a whole capsule if you need to. The conversion goes like this tryptophan=> 5HTP => serotonin => melatonin So some of the tryptophan will get converted into other things and used up before it ever becomes melatonin.

One thing I do when the kids are a little anxious over several days is to give 250mg in the morning and 250mg in the evening. This keeps them a bit more even.

FWIW - I don't like melatonin either. I too feel a little cranky in the morning. It helps me fall asleep, but I wake not feeling as rested as I "should". I have no idea why but I can sympathize with your DD. It's just a different quality of sleep when I use melatonin and I only use it for serious insomnia. That said, I don't take tryptophan for sleep, so not sure if it would have a similar effect. When I take tryptophan, it's during the day to fight anxiety. I've not used it to induce sleep for myself.

Good luck!

Do you buy the NOW brand for the tryptophan as well? thx

I use the Source Naturals tryptophan. I use NOW when I can, as they're often cheaper and they inspect their suppliers. But once in awhile, one of their products doesn't seem to work as well as another brand. Tryptophan was one of them. So then I'll move up to Source Naturals as my next step.

If your DD can swallow pills, I highly recommend the psyllium husk in capsule form. They're a grey/brown, size 0 capsule. Pretty easy to swallow and a lot easier than trying to drink the stuff.

re: psyllium husk, we use the smooth, unflavoured, uncoloured Metamucil, mix in water and gag it down :P .

I didn't know it was available uncoloured. Doubt my daughter would go for this, though you never know- she suprised me by drinking alka seltzer gold mixed in water. I'll give it a try. Need to get those bowels moving - thx

A tablespoon of chia seeds in a smoothie works well too.