ACN Latitudes Forums

BAD THOUGHTS POPPING INTO HER HEAD

My girl gets bad evil thought that pop into her head. Is this OCD??? Then at times her brain races and there are too many thoughts it drives her nuts. Then other times she is stuck on just one thought. What is this????? What is OCD and what is not??? She is currently taking:

12.5mg. Lamictal

1-Bactrim

3 Vitamin D3 (3000 ui)

1/8 Capsule NAC

1 -Bactrim

1-Doryx

1-All flora probiotic cleanse

1 sm. scoop C. Probiotics

1 melatonin

This is my daughters main PANDAS symptoms is the "bad thoughts". She has been on treatment dosage augmentin for the last year. She just started a flare, mostly bad thoughts, and we have added in a second antibiotic, azithromycin. This time around her flare is very mild. Her first exacerbation ever, in October 2011, it did seem as if her mind was CONSTANTLY racing.

Sounds like OCD -- how and when did it start?

After an illness? After strep?

Some have found that vit D (in large quantities) may be a contributing factor for some children (???) You can search on the forum and find these past conversations--

I only mention that as I see your daughter is currently on 3000 mg of vit D,and that is a lot -- unless she has a deficiency?

My best to you -- I hope you find the root cause and a positive treatment.

She was a number 11 on her blood work. Doc said he should be between 30-100, I think. He said put her on 10,000 units. She has always had racing thoughts since she could talk along with confusion. It went away for a bit when I started bactrim and doryx. Now it is flaring up again. Not sure if its something I added or that the antibiotics are just not working. Hard to figure out at times.

Yes, as others have said, this is OCD. My son still has some intrusive thoughts too, although he is much better than when PANS first hit. He used to have repetitive thoughts, but these are gone now.

Her vitamin D is VERY low. Is she taking 3,000 or 10,000 IUs of D? What's her weight? My DS was a 24 originally, and the LLMD said his number needs to be between 60-70 to fight these infections (Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia, Staph, EBV). We have never gotten there, and he's now on 5,000 IUs per day as of two months ago. He is 75 lbs. You should be checking her Vit. D number regularly to see if the supplementation is helping. We are now taking a liquid Vit. D that our LLMD said is more easily absorbed. Its called D-Mulsion 1000.

Did she have the racing/intrusive/repetitive thoughts prior to taking Lamictal? Antibiotics? If you can remember, these answers might give you clues as to what's causing this. If she's had them all along, its probably just a product of the infections.

Lilly- do you feel the custom probiotics may be causing the increase of symptoms? I recall you mentioning something about that recently, when switching from culturelle? I think I remember a few posters mentioning they didn't care for the custom probiotics d-lactate free brand. Many prefer the CP 6 or 11 strain. You could try stopping it for a few days and see if you notice a difference. Just a thought. It is hard to figure it out at times.