ACN Latitudes Forums

Alternative to Candida Clear?

Spartan32

I had in the past made half hearted attempts at clearing possible candida in my body. I don't know if I have it but at this point I am willing to try anything. I had used Now Candida Clear and I see that it has been recommended here a lot as well. It appears that it is no longer available and possibly discontinued. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good product that is on the same level as Now Candida Clear?

Also, is there any consensus now on a test(s) that are trusted to show a candida overgrowth? I read about the spit test and there seems to be mixed reactions.

Candida Clear by NOW is not discontinued as far as I know?

It is still available for sale in 90 or 180 size capsules but may just be out of stock?

I still see it on NOW's website http://www.nowfoods.com/Supplements/Search/?search=candida+clear&x=0&y=0

You can contact NOW to find out

Coporate Offices

244 Knollwood Drive, Suite 300

Bloomingdale, IL 60108

Telephone: 888-669-3663

The spit test is just a home test to give an indication....we have found it pretty accurate. There are clinical tests for blood and stool that the doctor can order

Candida Clear by NOW is not discontinued as far as I know?

It is still available for sale in 90 or 180 size capsules but may just be out of stock?

I still see it on NOW's website http://www.nowfoods.com/Supplements/Search/?search=candida+clear&x=0&y=0

You can contact NOW to find out

Coporate Offices

244 Knollwood Drive, Suite 300

Bloomingdale, IL 60108

Telephone: 888-669-3663

The spit test is just a home test to give an indication....we have found it pretty accurate. There are clinical tests for blood and stool that the doctor can order

Chemar, thanks for your reply. The product is out of stock or backordered on every website that it is sold on that I can find so I was not sure if they stopped making it. I am going to contact them on Wednesday.

Also, I have found your information to be very helpful over the years when I read this forum. I was wondering if you knew anything about "Tourettic-OCD"?

I have had OCD symptoms since I was a young kid up until today (25 years old) along with tics. I never had classic symptoms such as hand washing or cleaning but I do obsess a lot and do a lot of mental checks. (I will set the alarm on my phone and sometimes check that I did it right 20+ times before going to bed when I have to be up early for something). This helped me do extremely well in college and now in my business but it is wrecking havoc on my mental health and my stress levels are extremely high. For the past 10 years, all I have had is a simple head shake tic. Nothing else. I have been starting to have vocal tics again for the first time in 13 years over the past 2 months. I can hide them really good in public but when I am alone they come out. I had them sparingly as a kid as my first tics but they went away at age 12 and never came back until now. It will be different sounds but it is causing me an extreme amount of stress and worrying (I have been spending a countless amount of time researching and reading which is probably OCD related). It is now literally on my mind 24/7 and I am neglecting every other aspect of my life.

I am also starting to feel the urge to tic now in other parts of my body such as my shoulders and blinking my eyes. I had never previously done these tics but after I started reading about other people's symptoms, they started. I have always been afraid to open threads on here as people describe their or their child's symptoms as I feel like this will give me a new tic. Obviously it won't cause it but it will make my mind start obsessing about not doing it which for some reason makes me want to do it. :wacko:

I can not tell if they are real tics that are going to become chronic or if they are created in my mind by my OCD. The urge is there as it is with my head tic but I can not tell if it is just a compulsion from the OCD. With all of that said, the chronic head tic that I have had for the past 10 years is basically unchanged and has not increased in severity so its strange to me. I have done some research (actually a ton of obsessive research) and it doesn't seem like this is a very well understood condition by a lot of people. I wish more doctors were well versed in this as I never know who I should see.

I am not taking any supplements for OCD but feel like I probably should (5-HTP possibly and inositol?). Anyway, if you have any information about "tourettic-ocd", please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Yes, it seems it is likely just out of stock, not discontinued. Sometimes manufacturers are waiting for a specific ingredient from a supplier before they can continue production of the product. So check with NOW themselves

re the Tourettic OCD...yes, I was amongst the first people to mention it here years ago after my son's physician taught us about this distinctive form of OCD that occurs with TS. At the time it didn't even have a name, and was not really recognized by many doctors, and most people had never heard about it. Simply put, it is when tics morph into OCD symptoms and vice versa. Even though it does not necessarily manifest like "classic" OCD, it still seems that a deficient serotonin level is to blame and so supplementing to correct that can be helpful, especially in combination with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy

I did a quick search here for any posts that contain the term and got 40 results (even though there may be other discussions on the topic, just before we had a name for it, that go further back)

Just search Tourettic OCD