ACN Latitudes Forums

Good week but tics after meals.

Broo100

Hi everyone, I took my son off antibiotics for the break to let his system breathe. He has been doing great and I have been giving him Curmerin, OLE and probiotics. I have also used very successfully Anatabloc which stops the tics in its tracks but I cannot find much about possible side effects so I am being careful with that. He is doing great and his tics only surface after meals. Has anyone encountered this? I think that sugar is a big trigger for him so i am trying to cut it out as much as i can. Other than that, I am going to keep experimenting with natural remedies (I just read about arnica here) to keep the inflammation down and pray he does not get strep again. Am I being crazy and should keep him in antibiotics instead? Any thoughts appreciated. Good luck to all fellow pandas families!

Hi everyone, I took my son off antibiotics for the break to let his system breathe. He has been doing great and I have been giving him Curmerin, OLE and probiotics. I have also used very successfully Anatabloc which stops the tics in its tracks but I cannot find much about possible side effects so I am being careful with that. He is doing great and his tics only surface after meals. Has anyone encountered this? I think that sugar is a big trigger for him so i am trying to cut it out as much as i can. Other than that, I am going to keep experimenting with natural remedies (I just read about arnica here) to keep the inflammation down and pray he does not get strep again. Am I being crazy and should keep him in antibiotics instead? Any thoughts appreciated. Good luck to all fellow pandas families!

We found C-difficile was our PANDAS infection that was causing big tics and sugar and carbs make it much worse.

Very interesting. Also, if that isn't it, you might want to check for food allergies.

I'm bumping this in hopes of finding that out too... Is it possible to have c diff without all the diarrhea? My daughters tics have ramped up and I'm at a loss. Thanks-

Yes, I was just diagnosed with c diff myself after a colon scope and stool sample came back positive for c diff. I was not having a lot of diarreah but more like irritable bowel symptoms. I never would have guessed c diff. Now taking flagyl to try clear it up.

Thanks Missmom! I have a stool kit sitting here... Maybe it's worth taking a sample anyway! I hope the Flagyl works for you... I have heard about good results from it.

Me too, the flagyl is rough stuff. I go back to the dr. Thursday for a retest. It is certantly worth a simple stool test to find out.