ACN Latitudes Forums

How many have more than one child with tics/ TS?

laster99

Our oldest, now 11 has been displaying tics since age 2 and diagnosed with TS at 6. We have been getting some great help through homeopathy. Now my youngest son, age 6, has developed tics as well! Now that I look back on it, I think he has had them for a while. (Sniffing and throat clearing with no illness), but I didn't want to jump to conclusions. In the last couple of weeks, he has now developed eye rolling and head shaking. This is really hitting me harder than I could have expected since it is happening again :-(. I just wondered how many others have multiple children with tics and/or TS?

Yes both of mine have tics. Ds was the first with a lot more and he was more messed up with allergies ( outdoor and food) dd started with the eyes and sniffling. Yes it Broke my heart over and over but I guess in the back of my mind I expected it. they both have completely different symptoms most of the time and ds has if worst so far. But it's there. So for us it does affect both children.

Mar

• 2 weeks later...

Both my boys have tics (7 and 4) although the older one much worse. My neice also has severe tics (age 13). Our neurologist said its genetic. We just started eliminating yeast and it made a huge difference. This means no yeast breads, cheese, vinegar, grapes/ raisins ... It was getting so bad that my son (7) could barely talk sometimes! His asthma meds made it worse, but the disposition was always there.

Two sons, only one who has TS/tics, dx when he was 10. Their father has TS, as did his father...so it is genetic. But only my youngest seems to have manifest, as the oldest, at 26yo, is long past the time for it to show. He is 3 years older that the one who has TS

Not a parent yet but I have had tics since I was around 7 and my older brother has never had them. I am 25 and he is 28. Come to think of it, out of my brother, mother, father, 4 late grandparents, 5 uncles, 3 aunts, and around 20 cousins, none of them have tics besides me. :huh:

Not a parent yet but I have had tics since I was around 7 and my older brother has never had them. I am 25 and he is 28. Come to think of it, out of my brother, mother, father, 4 late grandparents, 5 uncles, 3 aunts, and around 20 cousins, none of them have tics besides me. :huh:

Interesting bc DH has tics and so do both are children. I do not. DH parents and his only sister do not and what what I have been told his grandparents do not and so forth. This is kind of interesting and mind boggling on where DH got this and now both of his kids have it yet no one else. Other family members do manifest some OCD and axiety but no tics. I myself wonder why him and why both the kids.

Mar

Both my boys have tics (7 and 4) although the older one much worse. My neice also has severe tics (age 13). Our neurologist said its genetic. We just started eliminating yeast and it made a huge difference. This means no yeast breads, cheese, vinegar, grapes/ raisins ... It was getting so bad that my son (7) could barely talk sometimes! His asthma meds made it worse, but the disposition was always there.

Do the asthma meds make it worse because they are steroids?