ACN Latitudes Forums

NAC - is it worth it?

Hopeny

We are 3 days in (at 300 MG NAC, doctor wants us to go to 900), so far it has been ok. We have been treating MTHFR for about a month. I don't want to jinx myself but these supplements have really been helping, I feel DD is pretty close to her normal self and her Lyme pain is GETTING BETTER :) :) :) Also she had a red rash on her bottom area that is gone, I suspect now that was from yeast which we have been treating with Enhansa. I'm going to go a few more days at 300 and then try 600. I am going to ramp up over 3 weeks.

Hopeny- do you see Dr. O' for the MTHFR treatment? thx

We are 3 days in (at 300 MG NAC, doctor wants us to go to 900), so far it has been ok. We have been treating MTHFR for about a month. I don't want to jinx myself but these supplements have really been helping, I feel DD is pretty close to her normal self and her Lyme pain is GETTING BETTER :) :) :) Also she had a red rash on her bottom area that is gone, I suspect now that was from yeast which we have been treating with Enhansa. I'm going to go a few more days at 300 and then try 600. I am going to ramp up over 3 weeks.

Yes Dr. O' for MTHFR and all of the supps, Dr B for PANS/asthma and Dr L in upstate NY for Lyme, Dr V on Staten Island if we bump into anything else. I really like Dr O' (thanks to LLM for her name), very thorough and very knowledgable - not an LLMD level but enough to help. I am going to bring my 3 yo to her too just for general immune support and her sensory issues.

Yes Dr. O' for MTHFR and all of the supps, Dr B for PANS/asthma and Dr L in upstate NY for Lyme, Dr V on Staten Island if we bump into anything else. I really like Dr O' (thanks to LLM for her name), very thorough and very knowledgable - not an LLMD level but enough to help. I am going to bring my 3 yo to her too just for general immune support and her sensory issues.

Great. Thanks for the reply. Hope your good days continue!!

I have Enhansa in my cupboard- may have to dust it off. Did you experience die-off with it?

Great. Thanks for the reply. Hope your good days continue!!

I have Enhansa in my cupboard- may have to dust it off. Did you experience die-off with it?

I was seeing die off with Rifampin, DD started to rage. (never had like that before) OMG on my one mom's night out in like 8 years she called me, not exaggerating, at least 20 times. We also started the MTHF shortly after starting Rifampin/Zith. Started Enhansa, fish oil, quercetin, Burbur, vitamin C and back on D and now NAC- will never know if its the Rifampin but my gut tells me Enhansa has really been helping. DD is just seeming well. Pain is improving. Heel pain had started to improve mildly before adding the above just from Rifampin. The only possible yeast die off I have seen is the return of a compulsion DD has which is skin picking, she started that up again abot 5 days ago. Its very mild and I am not worried about it, I hope I am not over confident but I feel like we are onto something here, she is just better, the twinkle is back in her eye. Dr. O' said she thought yeast was causing a lot of DD's remaining issues and she seems to have been right. One last thing, not sure if coincidence or not but last time her pain improved was using Ahava dead sea soak and salt soap, I ran out and just got some more again recently. So I am sticking with that too. Good luck with the Enhansa, I am pretty sold on it!

Hopeny - you might want to double check with Dr. O but i believe she only likes NAC from PharmaNac. She only recommends this particular brand. You can ask her about her reasons.

We also use this brand. We are also patients of Dr. O's. We had really positive results with the PharmaNac 3X per day.

Philamom here is the link, we had a prescription for the Enhansa and I believe my drug plan actually paid for it : http://leesilsby.com/enhansa-homepage. I put everything in a smoothie, the taste is very strong so it needs to be mixed in well or swallowed.

PhillyPA yes it is pharmanac. I was planning to ask her during our next consult if another brand is ok, as it was a fortune for the supplements and allergy drops on top of our other mountain of expenses (I think all in it was 500-600 in supps so the price of the NAC really hit me). However I am soo ecstatic about the progress in a short time that if its a good reason will stick with pharmanac! I'm actually afraid to even start the allergy drops for fear of messing things up.

DD actually said to me tonight "Mom I think the medicine is helping me." First time in 12 months that I have heard that.