ACN Latitudes Forums

Only getting in 50% of abx

Ds 18 has been too nauseated to take two doses of his meds. He is often only awake for 12 hours on any given day. It takes about 6 hours before he can eat or drink. For weeks, he is only getting one of two doses of the Augmentin. I'm wondering if I should stop the abx all together at this time. Is 50% of the prescribed dose of any benefit? I'm also afraid to contribute to the growing issue of drug-resistent bugs.

What do you think? I can't look to the prescribing doctor with my question because I will not get a response, and his next appt isn't until February.

Ds 18 has been too nauseated to take two doses of his meds. He is often only awake for 12 hours on any given day. It takes about 6 hours before he can eat or drink. For weeks, he is only getting one of two doses of the Augmentin. I'm wondering if I should stop the abx all together at this time. Is 50% of the prescribed dose of any benefit? I'm also afraid to contribute to the growing issue of drug-resistent bugs.

What do you think? I can't look to the prescribing doctor with my question because I will not get a response, and his next appt isn't until February.

Is there anyway you could switch to an abx that is only dosed daily? Macrolides, maybe?