ACN Latitudes Forums

Can Conjunctivitis cause a flare?

mimip

This is probably a stupid (because of being obvious) question, but can a sibling's conjunctivitis cause an exacerbation in a PANDAS child?

I'm asking because last night my DD9 started having PANDAS symptoms. She was cranky, throat clearing, anxious, extremely sensitive and perfectionistic, She started having fears of eating last night, and by this morning wouldn't eat. This morning I also saw her licking a piece of chocolate, but she didn't eat it, then she started spitting into a napkin.

Her voice sounds scratchy but she won't admit to her throat being sore (if it is). She did not want me to look in her throat or take her to the doctor. I called the doctor and I'm waiting for a call back.

Then, I got a call from school to pick up my DS7 because he has conjunctivitis (pinkeye).

So, now I'm wondering if my son's pinkeye could be causing my daughter's symptoms. Has anyone ever had pinkeye cause an exacerbation?

This is probably a stupid (because of being obvious) question, but can a sibling's conjunctivitis cause an exacerbation in a PANDAS child?

I'm asking because last night my DD9 started having PANDAS symptoms. She was cranky, throat clearing, anxious, extremely sensitive and perfectionistic, She started having fears of eating last night, and by this morning wouldn't eat. This morning I also saw her licking a piece of chocolate, but she didn't eat it, then she started spitting into a napkin.

Her voice sounds scratchy but she won't admit to her throat being sore (if it is). She did not want me to look in her throat or take her to the doctor. I called the doctor and I'm waiting for a call back.

Then, I got a call from school to pick up my DS7 because he has conjunctivitis (pinkeye).

So, now I'm wondering if my son's pinkeye could be causing my daughter's symptoms. Has anyone ever had pinkeye cause an exacerbation?

I can only speak from experience, but my son had pink eye 2 or 3 times, and it was one of the few illnesses that did not cause a flare in him. Ear infections, viral infections, strep, pneumonia all do, but pink eye did not.