ACN Latitudes Forums

Does your child have low cholesterol?

My son is being treated for lyme, co-infections, viruses, etc. and is currently about 75% improved. His only symptom has and continues to be OCD.

Recently his cholesterol level was tested at 150. The doctor thinks part of his OCD is due to this low number and wants it raised. He would like to see it at 180. I was wondering what your children's cholesterol levels are and if raising them helped with OCD. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

My dd(11)'s cholesterol has been low since Sept 2011. It started the same time other labs became out of sorts. It ranges from 120 to 90. Prior to September 2011, it was always normal. Her triglycerides have been elevated off/on at the same time. Her latest blood work a month ago finally has her cholesterol in normal range at 136, but her triglycerides back up to 201. Has your doctor commented anymore on the low cholesterol levels?

Edited by philamom

Has your doctor commented anymore on the low cholesterol levels?

My son hasn't had an appointment since I posted. The doctor seemed to what to increase it by having my son eat more eggs, not by taking any supplement though I will ask at the next visit. My son has been eating more eggs, and he has been doing better, but I think the improvement is from the glutathione that was added about six weeks ago.

Has your doctor commented anymore on the low cholesterol levels?

My son hasn't had an appointment since I posted. The doctor seemed to what to increase it by having my son eat more eggs, not by taking any supplement though I will ask at the next visit. My son has been eating more eggs, and he has been doing better, but I think the improvement is from the glutathione that was added about six weeks ago.

Yes, I saw your post on the lyme forum - that is fantastic. I hope the improvement continues.