ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone have a symptom like this?

kos_mom

DD complains of the following. She starts getting a feeling of inner restless and cannot stay in one spot, has to keep moving. Then she begings to feel something that she says is like electric shocks all over her body. She says it is extremely uncomfortable and sometimes looks like convulsions. I have seen this convulsion thing in her legs and arms twice. Quite brief and somewhat seizure like--looks like an electrical charge moving through her limbs. If she takes Haldol when the inner restless starts she says it stops the progression. When she described this to the neurologists when she was hospitalized for another illness, they ok'ed the Haldol and said they thought it was Pandas related.

This began after a strep infection in summer that went untreated for a number of weeks, along with jerking movements. The abx did not address it or the jerks but went away several weeks after IVIG at end of Ocotber. She's not on abx now and this just came back along with lots of anxiety.

DS has complained of "electric shock" sensations deep inside, but nothing visible. I have had visible twitches in my eye, side, and back that looked like mini localized convulsions. They were annoying but not painful. We both experience inner restlessness/agitation - mild for me, severe for DS. I always figured all these were weird lyme symptoms for both of us. Who knows? For DS the shock sensations went away with abx.

Edited by momcap

DD complains of the following. She starts getting a feeling of inner restless and cannot stay in one spot, has to keep moving. Then she begings to feel something that she says is like electric shocks all over her body. She says it is extremely uncomfortable and sometimes looks like convulsions. I have seen this convulsion thing in her legs and arms twice. Quite brief and somewhat seizure like--looks like an electrical charge moving through her limbs. If she takes Haldol when the inner restless starts she says it stops the progression. When she described this to the neurologists when she was hospitalized for another illness, they ok'ed the Haldol and said they thought it was Pandas related.

This began after a strep infection in summer that went untreated for a number of weeks, along with jerking movements. The abx did not address it or the jerks but went away several weeks after IVIG at end of Ocotber. She's not on abx now and this just came back along with lots of anxiety.

My son gets that restlessness, can't stay in one spot, and sometimes complains that his fingers and arms feel like bee stings. Right now with the double abx for strep and myco, it's better.

When my ds8 went through his last flare in Feb 2012 he had something that sounds similar to what your describe. His entire body would quickly jerk like someone was transmitting electricity through him. It would last a second, and when he was sleeping, it would continue all night, every few minutes. During the day I would see maybe 3/day. Thankfully this went away after about a week.

Yes, when DD 15 has trouble sleeping or when I give her a hug, I can feel her body rigid and trembling just under the surface. I have had restless leg syndrome and she describes it much the same but encompassing her entire body. We are trying to alleviate it by wearing her out physically with lots of outdoor activity done before mid-afternoon. So far it seems to be helping.....some.

Powpow,

Nothing from Dr. L--long story but she more or less fired DD as patient. Am scrambling to find a new provider as we have no abx and DD's anxiety is mounting. Trying to impress on DD, who has now put Dr. L on her bad list, that one cannot just traipse into a doctor's office and come out with a long term abx prescription. DD finds this beyond belief; she has been on sorts of anti-anxiety meds and never saw a bit of improvement until she got long-term abx this year. It is just so obvious to her she is finding it hard believe what I am telling her. Also have to listen to how Pandas isn't cancer so why do the mothers have to spend time on the internet talking to each other about it; she is sure mothers of kids with asthma don't do this. Sigh.

Ko's Mom

I have had feelings that I described as electrical shocks also....I am so surprised to hear someone else describing them as electric shocks (husband thought i was nuts everytime i said i was feeling the shocks again). I believe it to be a severe progression of the numbness and tingling sensations. At its worst it made me jump and have arm or leg movements. This symptom cleared up for me when I finally treated the damage to my body from the moldy house we lived in.

I have had feelings that I described as electrical shocks also....I am so surprised to hear someone else describing them as electric shocks (husband thought i was nuts everytime i said i was feeling the shocks again). I believe it to be a severe progression of the numbness and tingling sensations. At its worst it made me jump and have arm or leg movements. This symptom cleared up for me when I finally treated the damage to my body from the moldy house we lived in.

DS also had those, and, in his case, were extremely painful. Another thing to look at, besides mold (we are also fighting a moldy house...just had the whole kitchen gutted, and many of our symptoms went away when we left the house to stay in a hotel, and then returned when we got home) is lyme. Lyme Disease will also cause these symptoms, and he has had minimal to no "electric shock" type feelings since he started treatment.