ACN Latitudes Forums

Severe Nausea

My son, age 12, is battling this and nausea is super bad. He has tried anti-nausea meds like zofran but nothing works. He is now on Vistaril, which was supposed to help nausea and anxiety and it is doing nothing. We cannot afford IVIG, plus it would most likely add to the nausea. We are feeling very hopeless. Thanks

So sorry--we are going through this too. Zofran has some effectiveness, but it has to be taken at outset of nausea. I haven't even been giving it since Sunday as DD is throwing the pills up along with everything else. IVIG helped in many ways, but not with nausea and vomiting.

So sorry to hear about your son's nausea. My ds15 gets this along with a tic when he has a flare. The following are some things we have tried:

1) Rhizinate (Integrative) (chewable natureopathic even avail. in german chocolate!) $11-$16/bottle Can order on-line or they may have at compounding pharmacy in your area.

2) Ketotifen (prescription at compounding pharmacy - insurance pays for most of it) Supposed to heal the stomache/intestine area. This seems to work over time.

3) Nux Vomica (natureopathic little sweet balls that you dissolve under your tongue - avail. at Whole Foods/vitamin stores etc.) My son really liked this for immediate relief.

4) We also use papaya tabs from vit. store.

Son is on new meds and may need some of this again!

Take care.

Edited by JuliaFaith

My son just experienced this a few weeks ago after he was given bactrim. We had to stop the bactrim and the doc prescribed Flagyl because it helped his gastric attacks previously. By day 3 of Flagyl he could stand and walk around without nausea. Every day got better and better and it was clearly due to the flagyl he got better. He is doing great now.

We think he had overgrowth of bacteria in gut.

HI

I will try the Rhizinate. Thanks. He gets so nauseated, which increases anxiety, which increases nausea in one huge loop. All the nausea meds like zofran do nothing. Was there any side effects to the Nux Vomica?

It is listed as a poison but I imagine in small doses, it isn't. I just have never seen homeopathy work. I wish it did. Thanks again TIM

So sorry to hear about your son's nausea. My ds15 gets this along with a tic when he has a flare. The following are some things we have tried:

1) Rhizinate (Integrative) (chewable natureopathic even avail. in german chocolate!) $11-$16/bottle Can order on-line or they may have at compounding pharmacy in your area.

2) Ketotifen (prescription at compounding pharmacy - insurance pays for most of it) Supposed to heal the stomache/intestine area. This seems to work over time.

3) Nux Vomica (natureopathic little sweet balls that you dissolve under your tongue - avail. at Whole Foods/vitamin stores etc.) My son really liked this for immediate relief.

Take care.

• 2 weeks later...

HI

I will try the Rhizinate. Thanks. He gets so nauseated, which increases anxiety, which increases nausea in one huge loop. All the nausea meds like zofran do nothing. Was there any side effects to the Nux Vomica?

It is listed as a poison but I imagine in small doses, it isn't. I just have never seen homeopathy work. I wish it did. Thanks again TIM

Take care.

The Nux Vomica has 'no side effects' whatsoever that I know of except they taste sweet. A poison! Yikes! Have never heard that! ND prescribed this for after T&A which was the first time we used it. Does not require any prescription.

Edited by JuliaFaith