ACN Latitudes Forums

Need Suggestions-Please

Char

Hi All,

I really need some suggestions right now. My son had strep throat confirmed by positive swab. The doctor gave him 10 days antibiotic. I asked for more but he wouldn't give it. I told him I know my son has been doing well on natural supplements but I just don't think thats enough antibiotics.My son did the Cunningham test 2 years ago. He was having mild Pandas sypmtoms at the time. He was 137 putting him in Pandas range. Anyways now 2 weeks later. He has a cold I think, now he is not doing well at all. He is snorting every 5 mins and has started a new vocal throat noise. Loud!!! He has never had this vocal before. He had the snorting with a strep a few years ago. It took him nearly a month to stop snorting. I am so very stressed right now. I know it's Pandas but no doctors here in Canada will take me serious. He can't really concentrate at all right now and he can't go back to school like this... I just don't know what to do.. I am so depressed and mentally exhausted. Does Dr.T do phone consults right away, if your childs Pandas sypmtoms are getting worse?? My child usually gets better with supplements and antibotics. Well in the past he got to 75% better.Please any suggestions?? Thanks..Char

Thanks, I am going to try to get a consult with Dr.T right away. I just hope I can get one. I just hope there is a doctor here in Canada willing to work with Dr.T.. I am so depressed right now. My oldest daughter has type 1 Diabetes and has had it for 15 years. It has been hard but going through this with my son is so much harder for me. I guess I just have to have hope and faith that things will get better. But having to deal with this and having two other children that still need my attention is hard:(

Thanks, I am going to try to get a consult with Dr.T right away. I just hope I can get one. I just hope there is a doctor here in Canada willing to work with Dr.T.. I am so depressed right now. My oldest daughter has type 1 Diabetes and has had it for 15 years. It has been hard but going through this with my son is so much harder for me. I guess I just have to have hope and faith that things will get better. But having to deal with this and having two other children that still need my attention is hard:(

Did you get the phone consult? Was he able to help? Thinking about calling and asking for Dr. T to consult with the doctior we are currently seeing. We are doing school on-line so this helps with his stress in front of peers. The tics are a new issue and heartbreaking....we also deal with 2 other sons....hang in there....I totally get it!

Char,

We too have DS4 who has had a vocal tic or two as one of the first signs of "something" being off. I emailed Dr. T and heard back from him within 15 min and had a phone consult 2 weeks later. Good luck with whatever your choice may be! Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

KK