ACN Latitudes Forums

Pimple like Rash on son's back

My son has a rash all over his back. The spots are raised red spots that look like pimples. He had this once before in 2010 and the only med he was on was an ssri.

I noticed today the rash has returned. He is taking zithromax, prednisone, and cellcept.

I am wondering if anyone else has dealt with this.

We have an appointment with the dermatologist tomorrow and with his rheumatologist.

Thanks for any help/advice/ideas you can offer.

Sorry Kathy--no experience on this one. DD recently had pityriasis rosea that I thought was sacrletina because it felt gritty. PR is a post-viral rash. Any chance your DS's rash could be from a virus?

i just looked at photos and a desription of PR. Sure looks like what he has. Thanks for sharing as I have never heard of it and will be sure to ask Dr.

DD got PR rash three and a half weeks after IVIG. I am wondering if it could have come from the IVIG as I am sure they don't screen for that. Luckily, PR is usually pretty harmless though DD had low grade fever befoe the rash and it hit 101.5 the day after it appeared. DS had IVIG at same time and am starting to see improvements. DD, although better in some ways--the jerks that were annoying her so much are gone, but she continues to have assorted problems--fatigue, nausea etc. Thanks for asking.

DD got PR rash three and a half weeks after IVIG. I am wondering if it could have come from the IVIG as I am sure they don't screen for that. Luckily, PR is usually pretty harmless though DD had low grade fever befoe the rash and it hit 101.5 the day after it appeared. DS had IVIG at same time and am starting to see improvements. DD, although better in some ways--the jerks that were annoying her so much are gone, but she continues to have assorted problems--fatigue, nausea etc. Thanks for asking.

Our kids are going to get better!!!! 100%...hold onto that!

Landamom,

There are degrees of Christmas tree rash. My DS had PR and when I took him into the doctor he said he was bringing another colleague into consult. This was just a cover for him showing someone else in the practice the most efflorescent perfect Christmas tree ever on someone's back. It was truly spectacular. The PR in DD's back was not even a Charlie Brown Christmas tree--spots here and ther and if you really focused you could just see them possibly connecting up to form the distinctive downward curvilinear lines.

Ko's Mom