12.5mg. Lamictal

1-Bactrim

8pm

1 -Bactrim

1-Doryx

10pm

1-All flora probiotic cleanse

1/2 Culturelle

FINALLY IMPROVEMENT, BUT SHE DOESN'T FALL ASLEEP. ANY ADVICE? DO YOU THINK UPPING PROBIOTICS WOULD HELP. SHE IS STILL 'STUCK" ON CERTAIN SHOWS AND WATHCES OVER AND OVER. AND HER BRAIN NEVER TURNS OFF. SHE HAS ONLY BEEN ON FULL DOSE ANTIBIOITICS FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS. PERHAPS SLEEP WILL COME????

Insomia is at the top of symptom list for lyme and especially bartonella. There are some herbal remedies such as passion flower, theanine and of course melatonin. It does take some time. At least it did for my son. However it does come and go during treatment changes and flares. Unfortunately my son has no problem staying up until the wee hours of the morning. Unfortunately this is quite common.

Edited by lismom

If you are thinking of adding more probiotics, you do have a good window starting at about noon. We give probiotics twice a day. Different strains each time.

So glad to hear your daughter is doing better. My daughter would spend a lot of time watching Disney Princess videos if I let her. Fortunately she is at a point where she will actually stop when I ask her to, without having much of a meltdown. Keep it up, you are doing a good job!

Me again. DD11 had her biggest dieoff with bactrim at the beginning of treatment for lyme/bart. She then developed an allergic reaction to it and we had to switch to biaxin. She didn't really start making gains until we added rifampin to biaxin to go after bartonella. After a couple of months on biaxin/rifampin her motor/vocal tics and "stuck" behaviour (drawing the same picture over and over, watching the same video over and over) started disappearing. She was on some combo of:

Biaxin/rifampin

plaquinel/tindamax

ByronWhite herbals (A-L, A-Bart)

Buhner herbals (Japanese knotweed, cats claw, sida actua, teasel, garlic)

methylation supplements including liposomal glutathione and methylated b vitamins

Inflammation supplements (curcumin, Enz-Flame)

homeo detox and Epsom salt baths

Transfer factors/Astragalus/ColdFX

phosphatidylserine/phosphatidylcholine

Cod Liver Oil

Vit D/Vit C

125 billion probiotic cultures/day and fermented veg 3x week.

wheat free and milk free

for a year, but there was a plateau in improvement . We are now treating for babesia, which did not appear positive on testing, but which may kill other unknown parasites as well (toxoplasmosis and other protozoans) with pulsed azithromycin/minocycline/tindamax/plaquinel (3 days/week).

She has been doing really well on combination abx and seems to need a combo of some sort for improvement, plus a lot of extra support for the immune/detox systems.

Edited by rowingmom

What do allergic reaction to bactrim look like? That's all I need is an allergic reaction! I guess my next step is to get more probiotics into her, right. She's only taking 1/2 Culturelle and she's not getting violent on it. This is interesting : she was in Prozac once and she was sleeping by 1am but then I added Culturelle and she was in bed by 8:39pm. Now I have her just on Culturelle and I can't replicate that again. I guess Prozac was really helping!

DD11's allergic reaction was typical. Itchy hives covering her body.

If your daughter is not having adverse reactions to Culturelle, maybe try to give her a little at noon as well.

I forget, have you tried a little melatonin in the evenings?

Edited by rowingmom

Melatonin doesn't help at all. Tried seroquel lyrics depakote etc...nothing stopped her brain. Just bug eyed till 6am all the time since birth. I am trying to decide wether to try anafril or Prozac again. We stopped the Prozac cause she was too agressive but then again she was aggressive Utah everything we tried cause I believe we did not have antibiotics on board. Do I make any sense??? Do you happen to know which is less dangerous-Prozac or anafril???

10am

12.5mg. Lamictal

1-Bactrim

8pm

1 -Bactrim

1-Doryx

10pm

1-All flora probiotic cleanse

1/2 Culturelle

FINALLY IMPROVEMENT, BUT SHE DOESN'T FALL ASLEEP. ANY ADVICE? DO YOU THINK UPPING PROBIOTICS WOULD HELP. SHE IS STILL 'STUCK" ON CERTAIN SHOWS AND WATHCES OVER AND OVER. AND HER BRAIN NEVER TURNS OFF. SHE HAS ONLY BEEN ON FULL DOSE ANTIBIOITICS FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS. PERHAPS SLEEP WILL COME????

I have not fully read the replies.

Have you tried B vitamins?

I use busy-brain by rainbow light. I first took 1 pill and felt that slight..oh, just let me sit down, that groggy car ride feeling. after first time that effect wore off, but now i take 1/2 pill daily...i have energy for the day(not hyper) and can fall asleep and can refall asleep if something should rouse me.(i am a brain never turns off person)...thoughts actually wake me up!

Caution in that this particular one has other things like gaba(my ds does not seem to do well with gaba)..i will have to retry at some point.....but it does calm and give me clarity.(anxious mom...i have a few things on my plate).

But i think the secondary effect is that once the vitamins take effect for the day, it sets up your cycle to sleep at night.

if not this product maybe you can find something that might fit your dd or this one might be it?

I was having sleep issues as well. Melatonin only helped a little.

My LLMD said to try 5-HTP. My understanding is that it is a precursor to melatonin production. She told me to take 2x50mg capsules about 45 minutes before bed time. Then, if when I woke up (which I was doing 4 -5 times a night) the first time, take one more.

My sleep has improved dramatically. I fall asleep very easily and now wake up once or twice. Last week I actually slept for 7 1/2 hours straight for the first time in probably more that 13 years.

Something to consider...

Kara

Edited by KaraM