ACN Latitudes Forums

Almost Dec - found another tick

Ok - I hate those little critters! Yesterday, we had some brief snow activity here in Philly suburbs. For a week now, there's been a bunch of leaves in my attached garage (way too many oak trees on my property) that I've been waiting for someone to sweep out. Well, yesterday my daughter went out to our driveway to briefly catch some snowflakes on her tongue and tracked some of them leaves into the kitchen. A little later I go to vacuum them up and saw something moving. At first I couldn't tell if it was part of a broken leaf, then it moved again. It was a tick. I placed it in a baggie to show to my hubby how important it is to keep up with the leaves. Thank god I decided to vaccum them up fairly quickly, before it ended up on one of us. Uggh. Unfortunately, if my garage doors are left open even for a few minutes we end up with a ton of leaves inside. Very important to take care of those leaves on the property - gone are the days where the kids can pile them up and jump :(

Edited by philamom

Ok - I hate those little critters! Yesterday, we had some brief snow activity here in Philly suburbs. For a week now, there's been a bunch of leaves in my attached garage (way too many oak trees on my property) that I've been waiting for someone to sweep out. Well, yesterday my daughter went out to our driveway to briefly catch some snowflakes on her tongue and tracked some of them leaves into the kitchen. A little later I go to vacuum them up and saw something moving. At first I couldn't tell if it was part of a broken leaf, then it moved again. It was a tick. I placed it in a baggie to show to my hubby how important it is to keep up with the leaves. Thank god I decided to vaccum them up fairly quickly, before it ended up on one of us. Uggh. Unfortunately, if my garage doors are left open even for a few minutes we end up with a ton of leaves inside. Very important to take care of those leaves on the property - gone are the days where the kids can pile them up and jump :(

Yikes is right! Glad you found it on the floor and not on one of you.