ACN Latitudes Forums

Strep Again...:(

Char

Hi all, I have not been on here for sometime. My son who is 11 has been doing pretty well until now. I hope you remember me. My son has had Pandas for sometime now. I have been trying to control his symptoms with natural supplements. I did do antibiotics for a month and a half. I could only get that much from my sons doctor here in Canada.He seemed 75% better after that. It was a few years ago. Then I have been doing natural supplements until now. My son has strep and a positive throat swab confirmed it. He has a new neck tic with it. His poor neck is so sore. He says he is so lightheaded again. He does have a lump on side of his neck. I am so worried right now...He was doing so well. He's on amoxicillan 500 3xper day for 10 days. He's been on it for 4 days now. He still has a lump in his neck and his tics seem to be getting worse. Doing homework is very hard on him right now. He just can't seem to concentrate.I am so nervous right now. His tics have not been this bad in 5 years. And when they were this bad it only lasted for a few weeks then got better. I am scared I won't get him back to baseline again. Any thoughts?? Much appericated..

Call your doctor and see if he will give you something stronger than amox. I know that is where most pediatricians start when handing out abx. but your son needs more. Beg, plead, do what you have to do until you can find someone else who understands pandas. Also, try ibeuprofin, not Tylenol. I know it is heartbreaking.