ACN Latitudes Forums

Never Tics Outside

cobygurl

Hi, I'm new here but am so glad to have found this forum. My 4 year son started ticcing about 7 weeks ago. I am trying to find possible triggers and am seeing an environmental physician mentioned in the Natural Treatment for Tics and Tourettes this coming week. I am just wondering if anyone has noticed that their children do not tic in the fresh air - even if it is the same activity that causes them to tic indoors. I am still feeling quite lost and overwhelmed with everything but am so thankful for any insight! God bless!

• 1 month later...

I just noticed this thread....one should also consider the possibility of a major tic trigger inside! Things like mold, arsenic in woodwork, formaldehyde in carpeting, lead and even bad inside air etc etc etc could be why their is ticcing indoors that is relieved when outside ie the trigger is removed.

I would definately investigate what could be going on inside. Mold could be a huge think. Had it in a newly built home!! Also are you a candle burner or have indoor freshners going which I think is a big no. That is how I found out my ds is allergic to dogs. We were house sitting for a couple of days and he had a full blown allergy attack. Oh wow he is allergic to dogs. He would say I feel better outside. If he tells you this or you notice this it could be something in the house. I think candles, air freshners, mold of anything new that has been added. Keep digging. I guess personally to me if your child does better outside and mentions it it's worth investigating.

Mar