ACN Latitudes Forums

Chiropractic Treatments

Pandamom

My daughter is still experiencing alot of symptoms with her Pandas including facial tics, bedwetting, and alot of congestion and difficulty breathing. The pediatrician sent us to the chiropractor yesterday to help with the congestion and breathing problems.

She had her first treatment yesterday and last night she didn't snore once! She also didn't wet the bed! I'm afraid its just a fluke since its only been one day, but I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this type of treatment with any success.

She still has the tics and we're scheduled for surgery in two weeks to have her adnoids and tonsils removed and her tanbites(i know that's the wrong name) reduced because they are very enlarged. He's going to end with an exploratory look at her vocal cords since she's had vocal cord disorder all throughout the Pandas.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the chiropractor is part of our answer.

Hi

yes, for many of us, chiropracty is an essential part of treatment.

many people only see chiropracty as something you have done when something is "out" but for people with neurological issues it is a vital component of wellbeing

with TS, the musculo-skeletal system frequently is misaligned because of the tics, and this in turn affects the nervous system. So just for that reason chiropracty is important

but in addition, the periodic skeleto-muscular "tone" that chiro maintenance brings is really beneficial as a whole

Although our supplement/nutritional approach is vital to maintaining a stable tic/OCD situation for my son, yet he personally feels that his chiro visits, along with those for acupuncture/reflexology/cupping/massage (all dont in a single visit) are the ones he gets the most benefit from overall

as an aside, my son also finds these, really helpful for his Crohn's as well

Our chiro is NUCCA trained

My daughter is still experiencing alot of symptoms with her Pandas including facial tics, bedwetting, and alot of congestion and difficulty breathing. The pediatrician sent us to the chiropractor yesterday to help with the congestion and breathing problems.

She had her first treatment yesterday and last night she didn't snore once! She also didn't wet the bed! I'm afraid its just a fluke since its only been one day, but I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this type of treatment with any success.

She still has the tics and we're scheduled for surgery in two weeks to have her adnoids and tonsils removed and her tanbites(i know that's the wrong name) reduced because they are very enlarged. He's going to end with an exploratory look at her vocal cords since she's had vocal cord disorder all throughout the Pandas.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the chiropractor is part of our answer.

Pandamom,

I am so glad to hear that your daughter is responding well with her chiropractic treatment.

My son also has a chiropractor for his head nodding tic. I noticed the last couple of times when he had an increased in symptom, after the chiropractor adjustment, his tic is reduced in frequency and jerkiness. I do believe there is a direct relationship.

Hi

yes, for many of us, chiropracty is an essential part of treatment.

many people only see chiropracty as something you have done when something is "out" but for people with neurological issues it is a vital component of wellbeing

with TS, the musculo-skeletal system frequently is misaligned because of the tics, and this in turn affects the nervous system. So just for that reason chiropracty is important

but in addition, the periodic skeleto-muscular "tone" that chiro maintenance brings is really beneficial as a whole

Although our supplement/nutritional approach is vital to maintaining a stable tic/OCD situation for my son, yet he personally feels that his chiro visits, along with those for acupuncture/reflexology/cupping/massage (all dont in a single visit) are the ones he gets the most benefit from overall

as an aside, my son also finds these, really helpful for his Crohn's as well

Our chiro is NUCCA trained

Chemar,

Please explaine to me the difference between a NUCCA trained chiropractor vs. one that isn't.

I like my son's chiropractor but she will be on maternity leave in a month. I found a pediatric certified chiropractor in the area. Is that the same as NUCCA trained?

My son had his follow up chiropractic adjustment today. The chiropractor noticed for the first time that his pelvic area is off which caused one leg to be longer than the other. She adjusted his neck, upper & lower back. Does a NUCCA do the same thing?

Thx!

Patty