ACN Latitudes Forums

Myco P Lab question

On 8/27 DD tested for myco P. Results: IGG 3.88, IGM 339

Dr. T said recent infection probably winding down, but could be going up.

On 9/14 Dr. L ordered new IGM: 372. (No IGG ordered.)

Just got last result today. Looks like Myco P was going up, not down. DD on clindamycin, which I understand is not effective for myco P. Should I be trying to get another abx? She had IVIG two weeks ago. DD has occasional cough and persistent nausea and vomiting--perhaps myco P related? Was in hospital with her all last week and noted normal size pupils. Today they look dilated.

Perhaps making too much of this...but would appreciate insights.

On 8/27 DD tested for myco P. Results: IGG 3.88, IGM 339

Dr. T said recent infection probably winding down, but could be going up.

On 9/14 Dr. L ordered new IGM: 372. (No IGG ordered.)

Just got last result today. Looks like Myco P was going up, not down. DD on clindamycin, which I understand is not effective for myco P. Should I be trying to get another abx? She had IVIG two weeks ago. DD has occasional cough and persistent nausea and vomiting--perhaps myco P related? Was in hospital with her all last week and noted normal size pupils. Today they look dilated.

Perhaps making too much of this...but would appreciate insights.

Can you get Biaxin, Doxy, or zithromycin?

Emily,

Thanks for the response. I think I can get these one way or another. The question to me is do these numbers call out for immediately dosing with abx, or for rerunning the IGG and IGM (either before rx'ing abx or for monitoring purposes), or am I over-reacting?

Thanks,

Ko's Mom

Clindamycin was for strep (ASO was 660)--originally prescribed by ENT Dr. H in early August, and continued by Dr. T and Dr. L. DD frequently has low grade fever (between 99 and 100) in addition to ongoing nausea and vomiting. Last night woke me at 4 with itchy rash on back.

Clindamycin was for strep (ASO was 660)--originally prescribed by ENT Dr. H in early August, and continued by Dr. T and Dr. L. DD frequently has low grade fever (between 99 and 100) in addition to ongoing nausea and vomiting. Last night woke me at 4 with itchy rash on back.

ko's mom- may I ask what you use for the nausea?

She is now taking Zofran. She's had the nausea/vomiting for months and was initially told to take pepcid, which didn't help, then Prilosec, which also didn't help. She ended up in the hospital with a blood infection and the nausea and vomiting became problematic for releasing her (as she might end up throwing up maintenance meds for infection). They gave her IV Zofran in the hospital and let her go home with a scrip for oral. It's pretty effective, but we need to figure this out or at least find a new source as the hospital prescription is not refillable.

She is now taking Zofran. She's had the nausea/vomiting for months and was initially told to take pepcid, which didn't help, then Prilosec, which also didn't help. She ended up in the hospital with a blood infection and the nausea and vomiting became problematic for releasing her (as she might end up throwing up maintenance meds for infection). They gave her IV Zofran in the hospital and let her go home with a scrip for oral. It's pretty effective, but we need to figure this out or at least find a new source as the hospital prescription is not refillable.

Thanks. Do you give the zofran daily? I am looking for alternatives as well. I've been giving nux vomica by Bioron when nausea is not as bad.