ACN Latitudes Forums

Parasites

momcap

For those who have treated for parasites, what made you decide to do this? What are the most common symptoms?

Can we just do a preventative treatment plan like we do for our pets, or do we need to do specific tests and treat accordingly?

I deworm my farm animals and pets every spring and fall. So I got to wondering why I don't deworm the humans too. My 3 boys play with the animals, play in the dirt, etc. So it makes sense they would have the same parasites as our non-human residents, right?

My ds has been thru at least 3 parasite procols in 2 years. Currently, for maintenance, he is taking Mimosa (biopure) 1/4 tsp. day. His immune system apparently has had a difficult time keeping these at bay, hence the maintenance dosage.

For someone without a problem keeping them at bay, a dr. recommended a 3 month treatment with different dosing.

For those who have treated for parasites, what made you decide to do this? What are the most common symptoms?

Can we just do a preventative treatment plan like we do for our pets, or do we need to do specific tests and treat accordingly?

I deworm my farm animals and pets every spring and fall. So I got to wondering why I don't deworm the humans too. My 3 boys play with the animals, play in the dirt, etc. So it makes sense they would have the same parasites as our non-human residents, right?

Every time we use Scram(the new name) by healthforce, we have only had postivie results.

vEry gentle, but alot of pills.

for ds12 i go up to 8 pills not 10 for the 18 days.

but if we do the product again..i might go 10..we will see.. he is not quite 110lbs.

it also detoxes and treats candida

(so i always question is it the detox, candida, worms...or all of the above?)

Our parasitic symptoms: itching (especially in the evening), gastric/intestinal distress, anger. Parasites also tend to get very busy during a full moon and you would see an increase in symptoms.

Very interesting. I've had terrible itching, and some of the other symptoms. Who did you go to for treatment?

Edited by tpotter

It was my daughter that was treated. He didn't treat - the other Lyme doc there is our doc.

Treatment was based on clinical symptoms. Every day around sundown my daughter would get very itchy, mostly on her back. Immediately after scratching it, she would get cross-hatch patterned raised bumps on her skin (like a raised hive). Gastro involvement was significant ( a lot of stomach pain) and she was angry, irritable.

Parasitic protocol was 6 weeks long. If you want specifics, I'd have to look through my med cabinet (It's very crowded!) to get the names of the meds that were used.

we see an integrative MD who uses a form of energy testing. when we first went, he treated us all for parasites. ds, diagnosed pandas, had trouble with toxoplasma gondii -- there is much medical research linking mental issue, specifically schizophrenia to toxo. during late summer, at appt, doc put on parasite remedy. ds had herx-like reaction, not too bad. after that, was more involved and social with certain activities that he was more of a loner at -- like mini golf. recently, after 2 yrs treatment and my thinking ds is doing well with infections, he was very active -- constant movement, swinging, twirling, swinging shade pulls, hanging on pantry doors. at appt, doc said he believed toxo was back, which he did find to be odd. that is the parasite in cat feces that pregnant women are warned about. we do not have cats, but do have neighborhood cats that wander -- could pick it up from the dirt --??? with treatment -- a month or 6 weeks now - movement has much mellowed.

i have trouble with migraines with aura. doc believes related to TBI. went away with bart treatment. came back and couldn't seem to get rid of. he thought related to parasite issues. has improved with treatment. oddly, i've been getting random one or two hive like itchy bumps that last a few days and leave. intensity and frequency of migraines has greatly reduced.

it is a really gross issue but those in the know of parasites believe them to be very prevalent. our doc told me to never eat salad out -- only at home and wash it really well. i have to ask further if he believes with all fruits and veggies and if those veggie washes would be helpful. he thinks traditional med doesn't do much with it, not so much b/c they don't know or believe it, but they don't really know what to do -- specifically for parasites in the brain.

momcap - you bring up a very interesting point about regular de-worming. if we do that with pets and livestock, why don't we do it for ourselves?

juliafaith -- interesting you say about immune system keeping at bay. i think that is a big issue. ds will likely go to a weekly prophylactic for toxo since it's been a problem twice.

My son tested positive for the "hookworm" parasite through the Metametrix complete stool profile and by ART. It was the first thing the lyme doctor treated because he felt lyme treatment would not be successful unless the parasite was gone. It was a turning point for my son. He only needed one 6-week treatment. Here was the (Klinghardt) protocol:

1. 14 days -- Ivermectin Avicel -- 9 mg capsules -- 4 per day (specially compounded at Key Pharmacy near Dr. Klinghardt)

Pyrantel Pamoate -- 400 mg. capsules -- 2 per day (specially compounded at Key Pharmacy)

2. 14 days -- Albenza -- 200 mg. tablets -- 2 per day

3. 14 days -- Alinia -- 500 mg. -- 2 per day

He had some nausea and blurred visions, but no other side effects. My son's only symptom is severe OCD.

It was my daughter that was treated. He didn't treat - the other Lyme doc there is our doc.

Treatment was based on clinical symptoms. Every day around sundown my daughter would get very itchy, mostly on her back. Immediately after scratching it, she would get cross-hatch patterned raised bumps on her skin (like a raised hive). Gastro involvement was significant ( a lot of stomach pain) and she was angry, irritable.

Parasitic protocol was 6 weeks long. If you want specifics, I'd have to look through my med cabinet (It's very crowded!) to get the names of the meds that were used.

Please do PM me. This is EXACTLY the same symptoms I have had for several years now. And, the past few weeks, I have had horrendous itching on my arms and back, to the point that DS noticed, because the skin was torn. I thought it was dry skin, but now I think it's parasites (it's definitely worse at night.)

SmartyJones...How do you get the parasites out of the brain?

oh tpotter -- once again, i have spouted off of things i am not really qualifed to intelligently discuss :unsure: . actually, how do general parasite meds work -- do they work to kill the parasites directly?

our doc believes all pathogens get to the brain -- parasites, bacteria and viruses and part of the problem is the actual action of the pathogen on the brain tissue -- how, i don't know -- does it disturb tissue function, eat away tissue, interrupt action -- ?? idk. i think he thinks a large number of parasites are ingested and then after reproducing are carried to the brain via the blood.

he treats mainly with homeopathy to engage the immune system to eradicate them or at least bring it to a symbiotic level of a relationship. so it's not so much a matter of getting into the brain to attack but helping the body to do it. again - how -- i don't know.

trouble being -- how to prove or disprove other than autopsy or biopsy of brain surgery. i do know there are cases of brain autopsy showing borrelia spirochete in the brain. he claims he has seen good results with lyme patients who have been on abx for a long time without good results and he believes it is due to that the meds they were using aren't getting to the brain infection properly.

i know it sounds iffy, but to me -- there is much talk of 'evidence-based medicine' which in our experience is a crock -- traditional med would have had my 10 yo on an inhaler for life for exercise induced asthma that our doc treated with remedies for TBI. he is currently on a remedy for a bacteria the doc thought was in his brain due to a soft hum tic and it has subsided in 3 weeks. i'm quite sure traditional med would have blown off as 'transient tic'. one of ds8's many infections is toxo gondii -- which i have only heard dr T discuss - there is actually quite a bit of medical knowledge of. doc believed that was recently causing of ds's strong increase in motion - swinging, hanging, twirling -- that has greatly reduced in about 4-6 weeks of treatment.

SFmom -- what are your thoughts about pathogens actually in the brain?