ACN Latitudes Forums

Florastor and Strep Nosodes

We use Florastor for practical reasons--it can be given with abx, which is convenient when the abx have to be given three times a day and you have to chase after them to take that mid-day dose. Can't imagine getting in medication five times a day.

DD has persistent nausea and vomiting--sorry to say Florastor hasn't helped a bit with that.

Hi

My son has chronic nausea and it was recommended that we try Florastor. Anyone have any results on this? Good/Bad? Same with Strep Nosodes? It is supposed to desensitize strep. Good/bad?

Thanks

what company strep nosode are you looking at? ds was on PleoSanum for a while after first diagnosed and another product that i consider a nosode that i believed combated his strep issues.

after onset and initial diagnosis and misstep of abx, he had 100% remission in about 3 days on keflex. but couldn't hold it after he got off the abx. he went back on but not to the same miraculous results, so we went searching for other options. pleo likely for 9 months-ish -- saw some results but not full remission. we switched products b/c we switched docs to something similar but not that company but that i would still consider a strep nosode. for a long time -- i'd have to look it up -- perhpas 18 months -- whenever we tried to wean him off, he'd have increase in symptoms. then we left him on for an extended time and then with a final try at weaning (like i said, i think 18 mths) he did okay when we weaned him off. he has not had trouble with strep since -- maybe2 years. recent aso and anti-dnase b were very low. i think if he tested for strep again, i'd first put him on that same product to combat.

I tried florastot simply because I give it to my son. I have to say it made my stomach really hurt. When I met with a new doctor the first thing he said was he was surprised we were on florastor as its rough on the stomach and most patients complain. He prefers culturelle (however its a pain to administer timing wise).

Nausea can be severe acid reflux due to bacteria overgrowth and your son doesn't recognize it. You could try, Klaire Detox Probiotics or Custom probiotics or even VSL3 even though vsl3 has strep strain my kids are doing great on it and also regular dosing of pepcid for at least a few weeks to a month to see if it helps I can say I learned the hard way it does help my kids. Also alka seltzer gold for the bad moments gives immediate relief. Just some suggestions to try that you never know could bring him some relief. My kids get acid reflux with flares don't know why. Other parents I have talked to shared their kids also have bouts of acid reflux and the dr. I consulted mentioned likely due to overgrowth of bacteria in the gut. My youngest wouldn't eat almost the whole month of July because of nausea until we discovered severe acid reflux. He didn't recognize it. Also chewing ice chips helps with nausea so my son tells me.

Good luck. Nausea is terrible and kids don't feel like doing anything but laying around.

Hi

My son has chronic nausea and it was recommended that we try Florastor. Anyone have any results on this? Good/Bad? Same with Strep Nosodes? It is supposed to desensitize strep. Good/bad?

Thanks

My daughter's nausea went away for almost a year while on a combo of abx for lyme treatment, unfortunately when she stopped the abx the nausea returned. We haven't been able to get her back on antibiotics. She's only on Amoxicillin and it does nothing for the nausea.

Nausea can be severe acid reflux due to bacteria overgrowth and your son doesn't recognize it. You could try, Klaire Detox Probiotics or Custom probiotics or even VSL3 even though vsl3 has strep strain my kids are doing great on it and also regular dosing of pepcid for at least a few weeks to a month to see if it helps I can say I learned the hard way it does help my kids. Also alka seltzer gold for the bad moments gives immediate relief. Just some suggestions to try that you never know could bring him some relief. My kids get acid reflux with flares don't know why. Other parents I have talked to shared their kids also have bouts of acid reflux and the dr. I consulted mentioned likely due to overgrowth of bacteria in the gut. My youngest wouldn't eat almost the whole month of July because of nausea until we discovered severe acid reflux. He didn't recognize it. Also chewing ice chips helps with nausea so my son tells me.

Good luck. Nausea is terrible and kids don't feel like doing anything but laying around.

Hi

Thanks

We are attempting to add zith to dd's amox. On Sunday we gave her half tablet (125mg) which caused a herx (increase in nausea, headaches, overall not feeling well). We skipped Tuesday while I called her doctor. Wednesday we started with 1/4 tablet daily. She feels really yucky - def. increased nausea. I'm thinking of trying the alka selter gold - found it at cvs today. Can you give while dosing with Motrin? It has aspirin in it. Did you use Pepcid and alka seltzer at the same time?

anyone? thanks