ACN Latitudes Forums

Melatonin/B-12 shots

Recently I began taking melatonin (2 mg.) and have experienced very restful sleep. I was wondering if it might be a help to my son. He goes to bed fairly easily and sleeps all night, but often wakes up in the morning anxious, saying he didn't go into a "hard" sleep. This anxious mood then affects his whole day. He is also somewhat hypoglycemic which I have read may mean his body has trouble making melatonin.

I was wondering if it is OK to give him melatonin since he is already on B-12 shots every 3 days. I had read that B12 shots already increase melatonin, so I didn't want to do too much.

Not sure if it matters, but here is everything he is on:

1. Rechts Regulat (for biofilms)

2. Enula (for microbial defense)

3. Pinella(for brain-nerve cleanse)

4. Nr. 4 Cerebretik (for brain function)

5. K. Bart./K. Bab./K. Merc/K. Harmony mix (for bartonella, babesia, mercury)

6. For KPU: Core, Borage Oil

7. Basic B-complex capsules

8. 5-MTHF (for methylation) -- 1 mg.

9. OLE, monolaurin, and total vr-x (for viruses)

10. Probiotic

11. B-12 shots -- 0.09 ml. methycobalamin every 3 days (for methylation)

12. Chlorella -- 20/day (for detox.)

13. Magnesium

14. Klinghardt lyme "cocktail" (for lyme, bartonella, babesia)

Thanks!

It hasn't hurt my DS. He's been on melatonin for 3yrs now. He started B12 shots back in March, on M,W,Fr schedule. He's sleeping much better but there are many factors that go into it. I increased his melatonin to 1mg, his doc added 1000mg taurine at bedtime.

Melatonin is synthesized in the body from serotonin. Serotonine is synthesized from the tryptophan we get from the foods we eat. My DS has very low tryptophan levels or did have when we started w/ the biomed doc, even though I'd had him on a tryptophan rich diet, as recommended by Dr K. Since he has MTHFR mutations, I suspect he is/was unable to metabolize the tryptophan.

Anyway, the point is, I've seen no harm in giving both.

We have been able to significantly decrease DD11's melatonin with lyme/bart treatment. She is taking B12 shots 3x a week but we still use a little melatonin. We use the drops, not the dissolving pills, and we are down to 2 drops in the evening. We have tried going without, but DD says she sleeps better with a drop or 2. I'm not sure if this may be placebo effect.

We have been able to significantly decrease DD11's melatonin with lyme/bart treatment. She is taking B12 shots 3x a week but we still use a little melatonin. We use the drops, not the dissolving pills, and we are down to 2 drops in the evening. We have tried going without, but DD says she sleeps better with a drop or 2. I'm not sure if this may be placebo effect.

Can I ask the name of the drops you are using. Thanks.