ACN Latitudes Forums

New to this: wow! Could my son have PANDAS?

Well interestingly enough he had been on antibiotics for a sinus infection in January and he had been doing so much better (behavior wise) since then. He did have a few bad days when we got on the abx from Dr Rao. We have been on the 2 weeks. I was just noticing on Monday how calm he seemed. It was exciting! Then he came down w a cold yesterday and all ###### broke loose. Yesterday was raging that I haven't seen in months. But I started giving him Advil every 4 hours and it really seemed to help. I also started him on adult dosages of fish oil and magnesium. I'm also trying to find some good tasting or easy to hide the taste turmeric. He already seems a bit better. Thank goodness!

Joyful - so glad to hear it! Just one thing - when you add something new, try to add only one thing at a time, with a week or two before adding in anything else. Otherwise, if you see a change - good or bad - you don't know what caused the change.

Also - check the dosing. I thought advil was every 6 hours. And you may want to post a separate question - I'm not sure doing advil and tumeric together is recommended. Tumeric doesn't help my son, so I'm not current on info. But generally, using more than one anti-inflammatory at once needs to be done with caution or a little research just to double check.

My kiddo likes this one, it is a capsule that when opened it is a bit sweet: My link

About the not wanting to wash his hands, it seems several of these kiddos have an aversion to water for washing. Maybe it is a sensory thing. Mine will drink tons of water, swim in a pool, and really enjoy a wave pool, but she does not want to wash her hands, shower or take a bath.