ACN Latitudes Forums

Hypercoagulability causing a plateau?

We just switched to a new pediatrician this week. She is holistic and treats autistic kids, PANDAS, etc. We are having her work in tandem with our LLMD. She ordered tests for lots of things, but one thing that stood out was hypercoagulability. This is a thickening of the blood that she said is common in kids with chronic infections. I thought is was strange that I'd never heard of it, especially on this forum which is all about kids with chronic infections. She said it could be one reason my son has plateaud in his treatment. It allows the bugs to "cloak" themselves, but is not the same as biofilms. It also can prevent nutrient absorbtion and cause toxins to build up - so a triple-whammy. I thought this was so interesting! Has anyone else heard of this and tested for it?

The Doctor we intially saw in MO dx'd me with this on the first visit. I think he recommended Heparin-I would have to go back and look at the notes. I never treated.

I had bulging veins in my hands for years-I'm assuming this was from the hypercoag. It is one of the things I have kept a close on since starting treatment. My hands now appear normal looking without the bulges. I don't know if this means that the hypercoag is gone or just not as bad.

Would nattokinase work for this? Aidan is on it for biofilms but I was thinking that it might help with this also. Worth looking into as it is a supplement.

The doctor said if he tests pos for this we will give him an enzyme called Lumbrokinase - sounds similar.

I never heard the term hypercoagulability until this post, but I guess this is what our LLMD says our daughter has when she describes her blood as being "thick," due to elevated VEGF. Am I right?

If so, my DD13 takes Wobenzyme 5 tabs first thing in the morning every day. It's supposed to help thin out the blood, much like aspirin. It's sold at the Vitamin Shoppe.

Yes, its just a fancy term for somewhat thick blood. What is the VEGF connection? Our pediatrician didn't mention this, and ds hasn't been tested for this, but my VEGF level was high. I think my doctor was looking at this in connection with mold, but can't remember.