ACN Latitudes Forums

Is Dr K the best for PITANDS/PANS not PANDAS?

jph

I live an hour from Dr. K and just set up an appt with him for early next month. I'm pretty sure my 8 yo has PANS but not PANDAS as I do not think it is strep related, since he has been around strep many times since his first acute onset and not reacted. I read somewhere on these boards that Dr. K is very good with PANDAS but doesn't dig for other triggers. Obviously location is easy but I would travel anywhere to see the dr who would be *best* for PITANDS/PANS. Suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks!

I live an hour from Dr. K and just set up an appt with him for early next month. I'm pretty sure my 8 yo has PANS but not PANDAS as I do not think it is strep related, since he has been around strep many times since his first acute onset and not reacted. I read somewhere on these boards that Dr. K is very good with PANDAS but doesn't dig for other triggers. Obviously location is easy but I would travel anywhere to see the dr who would be *best* for PITANDS/PANS. Suggestions/thoughts?

Thanks!

Go anyway. He is recognizing pitands (see his website webpediatrics.com) and some kids don't necessarily " react" around strep. Your sons pandas symptoms may have started with strep, or something else. Have you had his bloodwork done to check titers? In any case since dr k is so close I would consult with him. He treated my son.

I can't speak for Dr. K, but Dr. T (NJ) tests for other triggers. Have you looked into Lyme yet? I know some out there feel it is overdiagnosed and I do not want to lead your thread down a controversial path, but for my DS, it appears that Lyme/coinfections are definitely his issue, not strep. Wish someone had told me to check for it with a good Lyme doc and IGeneX testing years ago when this all started.