ACN Latitudes Forums

Medical Article

mdmom

I am desperate to support my case to the insurance company (yes, I've been at this since May) that my DS15 cannot be vaccinated to prove the CVID diagnosis because it could exacerbate his PANS/PANDAS symptoms. So in desperation I took a field trip to the Library of Congress on Saturday to dig up some articles that might help. Here is the link to the abstract for the most helpful article. It lists PANDAS as an example of how an infectious agent can lead to an autoimmune response. It also mentions many other autoimmune disorders that have at least been temporally associated with onset/exacerbations following vaccinations (e.g. Guillian Barre).

Thought this might be useful to some of you out there. The following link is for the abstract only; if you want the full article you have to pay for it (which is why I went to the LOC to get a free copy). If you PM me your personal e-mail I can forward my copy of the full article (PDF format). I could not figure out how to post the PDF on-line.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16126512

I am desperate to support my case to the insurance company (yes, I've been at this since May) that my DS15 cannot be vaccinated to prove the CVID diagnosis because it could exacerbate his PANS/PANDAS symptoms. So in desperation I took a field trip to the Library of Congress on Saturday to dig up some articles that might help. Here is the link to the abstract for the most helpful article. It lists PANDAS as an example of how an infectious agent can lead to an autoimmune response. It also mentions many other autoimmune disorders that have at least been temporally associated with onset/exacerbations following vaccinations (e.g. Guillian Barre).

Thought this might be useful to some of you out there. The following link is for the abstract only; if you want the full article you have to pay for it (which is why I went to the LOC to get a free copy). If you PM me your personal e-mail I can forward my copy of the full article (PDF format). I could not figure out how to post the PDF on-line.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16126512

I would love a copy too. kathy70810@gmail.com thanks!

• 1 month later...