ACN Latitudes Forums

Dr. T visit

Oh boy, for those who have followed our journey, here is some more. Ds13 and husband have a 7 a.m. Flight to NJ on Friday to see Dr. T. We have had an initial phone consult and will be getting results, etc. of blood work he had ordered. We wanted (though affording it is another thing) to say Dr. T physically saw our son to get him on board with his care. We have our own court issues.

If you only feel comfortable sharing via PM, can all you Dr. T patients give me an idea about what to expect. Will he give him a good looking over? Our son is a complicated one. Can't wait for the Sat. Appt.

Please say a prayer for the plane trip and the days this week leading up to it. PDD traits here. Dawn

We just saw Dr. T for the first time last Friday. He's a little kooky, but in a good way. The receptionist was very nice. She and Dr. T were both very warm and kind. We definitely felt welcomed. The place is okay - not the nicest or the most professional office. But not all sterile and cold feeling either. They offered for my kids to play on the computer. There was also a TV and coloring table and toys. It's a good set up for children. I was grateful because I brought all three of my kids with, and they had to wait a long time while I met with Dr. T.

They saw me right away - no waiting. We were the only people there. Dr. T took a long time talking with me, and then saw my daughter. We just sat in his office. I felt the whole thing went really well, and I was very encouraged. We just got our bloodwork done, so we don't have the results yet. You are further along than we are with that. He did change her antibiotics, and I am seeing amazing results already.

His office is upstairs, so you can drive around the back of the building and park there. There isn't really a sign on the door, and we were a bit confused as to whether or not we had the right place. There is a large strip mall across the street, and we were able to go there and do a little shopping before and after. The kids liked that, as we live in a really rural area where there aren't a lot of shops.

My bottom line impression is that Dr. T is a brilliant man who cares deeply for PANDAS kids and their families. I feel that we are in good hands with him.

I hope your visit goes well, and that you will have a good path forward. Will definitely keep all of you in prayer.

Thanks for the feedback. I so wish I could go. Since we deal with impulsive/aggressive behavior when he gets anxious we felt it prudent to send my husband with him instead of me. He has never been on a plane. He has meds----. He is getting excited about the flight. I think he will actually enjoy it!!

Dawn

Not sure what airline are using, but I used Southwest 2 years ago when my son's symptoms were worse and his anxiety was very bad. We called ahead and a week before the actual flight, a customer relations person issued us temporary boarding passes, took us on a tour of the terminal (we got to go through security) and boarded the plane when it was between flights.

It made the trip so much smoother since my son knew what to expect.

Dawn,

Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. I hope your son and husband have a pleasant experience. It is hard for us moms to let go and have someone else do the legwork for us. My son loved his first plane ride and the free Sprite on the plane!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers in the days to come.

Cobbie

I had another thought. New Jersey traffic is notoriously bad. Just hope your husband and son are prepared for what could be a very long drive from the airport. Perhaps knowing this in advance will help them plan a bit better.

The appt is on Saturday a.m. at 9 a.m. He will be staying in Keyport with friends---idea of the length of time for a drive to Ramsey on a Saturday? He would like to take Evan to see the Statue of Liberty and quick see the ocean at Sandy Hook. Flight is to come in at 2 on Friday. Appt at 9 and fly out at 5 Sat from Newark Airport. Doable for you Easterners. Wade has driven in NY traffic once!

Dawn

Do ask for upgraded boarding since your an has special needs. When we flew last with my daughter, I go a note form the pediatrician, but the airline didn't want to see it, I felt bettter having something in hand. We saw dr. t 2weeks ago too. I agree with the above poster. He's a but quirky, definitely a big brain! He took lots of time with us and we were the only ones there, except for the phone conference he had prior to us. My kids were comfortable and he did examine my daughter with a quick neuro exam, same as dr. Latimer did years ago. We saw dr, Bouboulis many times and I don't think he ever examined her, other than a quick look up her nose once.

Do ask for upgraded boarding since your an has special needs. When we flew last with my daughter, I go a note form the pediatrician, but the airline didn't want to see it, I felt bettter having something in hand. We saw dr. t 2weeks ago too. I agree with the above poster. He's a but quirky, definitely a big brain! He took lots of time with us and we were the only ones there, except for the phone conference he had prior to us. My kids were comfortable and he did examine my daughter with a quick neuro exam, same as dr. Latimer did years ago. We saw dr, Bouboulis many times and I don't think he ever examined her, other than a quick look up her nose once.

I asked his doctor psychologist for a note today---she quick wrote one! Thanks.