ACN Latitudes Forums

IVIG Monday--Big surge in twitching

DD 19 is scheduled for IVIG in hospital Monday and Tuesday but she appears to be sick this week. Not sure if I let it all slide, go to ER to get tests done and get possible abx, or report to Dr. L--not sure what her weekend call back policies are.

This Tuesday we went for interview at hospital--she was running low grade fever and had elevated heart rate--doctors found wheezing and nebulized her for asthma. She had vomited in morning with some blood (lots of vomiting going on so suspect ruptured blood vessel.) Doctors suggested she go to PCP to have blood tests run, particularly as she has hx this year of week long hospitalization for pneumonia. Couldn't coax her to PCP.

Yesterday morning another low grade fever and trouble breathing--fixed with rescue inhaler. Still refused to go to PCP, but I am thinking at this point labs would come in too late to help before IVIG. Concerned she perhaps has myco p.

Last night very late she comes in complaining of big time twitching--not just the head and shoulder jerks abx haven't addressed but also more full body two or so times a minute. She took haldol we had hanging around from previous psych dx,, which she says helped. No fever or twitching/jerks this mornning.

Am new to IVIG--will this deal with whatever she is having or do I need to take her to ER, have them run labs and see if she has myco p or other infection that we'd start abx for? She is on clindamycin now, but I don't think that is best for myco p if she has that. Should I call and rport to Dr. L? This is our last chance for IVIG covered by insurance--United policy change kicks in Nov. 1, so there is no way I want IVIG cancelled.

Much thanks for any input.

Ko's Mom

We are in the same boat with United. We have lVlG scheduled for Thursday/Friday. DD also has active MycoP. She has been on Clinda as well. ID docs here said wrong abx for MycoP. All docs agree we should go ahead with lVlG , it will only help her fight the infection.