ACN Latitudes Forums

Why is my Ds17 Turning Gray?

i just read something just yesterday in William Walsh's book about a nutritional deficiency -- can't remember, i'll have to look it up and get back to you. -- perhaps pyroluria -- not sure, i'll look it up.

does he have lyme or another TBI? i think i've heard that can cause it too -- or perhpas it's all related - TBI causes the nutritional deficiency -- ??

I found four gray hairs on my 17 year old son's head. What is he missing that could cause this?

Nancy

Morning Nancy,

It's MSM. When i read a similar article some months ago, i think i started looking for spray, shampoo, anything with msm...not that my hair is gray at all :lol:

i will say at first i loved it. But noticed i was over stimulated and then backed down.

As always, more is not always better!!

http://www.naturodoc.com/sulfurstudy.htm

at some point i hope to add this to ds regime.

we are not there yet.

doing sal free/failsafe diet.

following a slow intro to pyrolia...official results next week.

and a few other things that tie in....

hope to post all the interesting links soon that have put us where we are.

Bonnie G..original TS mom...really had something..and i believe it ties into pyrolia

Edited by Fixit

Does vitiligo run in the family? Vitiligo is an autoimmune disorder that causes white patches on the skin. (Think Michael Jackson.) This runs on my DH's side. When I was the persusing the internet on this a while back, I found a number of references to this being related to prematurely gray hair, particularly the type where it grows in one shock. Some may get the gray hair first long before vitiligo on the skin evidences itself. It also often accompanies autoimmune thyroid disorders, so I'd also check for that running in the family.

He possibly has pyroluria and I found a B12 deficiency... Going to get a good b complex as well as the B12 shots. he gets B6 (as P5P0 daily any way. This is my baby we're talking about. He can't be gray!No vitiligo. Getting some MSM today. What else does it do please and thank you?

Nancy

He possibly has pyroluria and I found a B12 deficiency... Going to get a good b complex as well as the B12 shots. he gets B6 (as P5P0 daily any way. This is my baby we're talking about. He can't be gray!No vitiligo. Getting some MSM today. What else does it do please and thank you?

Nancy

i would just say, before you add in msm, make sure he is as methylatated as his system can be. msm is a sulfur and i think everything should be flowing in the pipes before adding this slowly.

again we have not yet introdduce this for ds12.

I hope to very soon. i can see that it may have some additional benefits for him with all of his allergies.

i think this was the link posted by sfmom

http://www.msm-info.com/

we were trying core by biopure...but i think for ticcers some of the elements are wrong/or wrong form/or too much.

so i am breaking down each of the items, adding them individually.

but i think there are some things that are very key in the formula.

and we do have thyroid issue here

Edited by Fixit

ps...

please watch your vitamin C

http://dherbs.com/articles/msm-sulfur-vs-sulfur-393.html

and it also binds to molybdenum.

so most likely will have to monitor that.

careful with molyb...easy to overdose.

our bodies need molyb.

we just started supplementing with 50mcg which well enough for a 100-109lb kid.

some supps have higher amounts which may be fine(but not recommended), but i am caustious.

ps...

please watch your vitamin C

http://dherbs.com/articles/msm-sulfur-vs-sulfur-393.html

and it also binds to molybdenum.

so most likely will have to monitor that.

careful with molyb...easy to overdose.

our bodies need molyb.

we just started supplementing with 50mcg which well enough for a 100-109lb kid.

some supps have higher amounts which may be fine(but not recommended), but i am caustious.

So watch your vitamin C means get more, or don't take too much? Also if my son is allergic to sulfur, I suspect MSM might not work? He did take molybdenum before.

Nancy

B12 deficiency is associated with pernicious anemia, Crohn's, Graves and lupus.

It can cause the following symptoms:

tingling or numbness in fingers and toes

difficulty walking

mood changes or depression

memory loss, disorientation, and dementia

It is one of things that has to be ruled out in an MS diagnosis.

Just wanted to jump in--I started going grey when I was seventeen and in my biggest PANDAS exacerbation. It kept going for a couple of years and seems to have stopped growing now. I have a very cool Rogue streak (X-men). Everything I've read has said autoimmune problems or severe stress can bring it on young--bingo. Just my two cents.

emmalily

my severely sick PANDAS child (well, WAS severely sick- woo-hoo) also has some gray hairs since this-- she is only 14. my mother is 65 with very few grey hairs and me (not telling my age but it is half way from 30 -40) still brunette, no gray yet!

I totally chalked up to the severe stress that PANS physically and mentally assaulted upon her.