ACN Latitudes Forums

Quercetin

SSS

Hello- I know this has been talked about, but search function didn't work for me-

Wondering if I can get feedback. Dd7 is in a flair with another virus cold- I am dosing ibuprofen 2x a day, but I really need to find something else.

I can't do curcumin with her-

Never have used Quercetin-

does anyone find it effective for reducing inflammation?

Thank you-

I love it! I have been giving DD high doses of Querciplex (quercetin and bromelein) for many years. I take it too now since being diagnosed with Lyme/Bartonella. Helps with inflammation and also works as a natural anti-histamine.

We use it more as an antihistamine/mast cell regulator than for inflammation caused by cytokines. That said, DDs irritability and moods are largely driven by histamine and methylation issues, not infection. So quercetin does help regulate her by making her feel better in general.

My newest money-sucking trial is this product NeuroProtek - they also make a low phenol product (which is what I was asking you about a few weeks ago). It has both quercetin and luteolin, which I've always wanted to try. So far, DDs only taken 4 pills so I can't say if it's any better or worse than the much cheaper Quercetin/Bromelein we usually buy from NOW Foods.

Head's up - there's an enzyme G6PD which people of Mediterranean heritage, including Italians, Greeks, Arabs, and Sephardic Jews as well as african-americans tend to lack - especially males. This is good if you're in a malaria prone area but bad if you're consuming fava beans - most quercetin is made from fava beans. If you lack this enzyme and use regular quercetin, you run the risk of developing a type of anemia. (I swear I collect way too much medical trivia - but this one caught my eye b/c DD is 50% Greek). NeuroProtek claims this isn't a problem with their product because their quercetin comes from a non-fava source (the researcher - a mast cell expert at Tufts- is Greek, so this was on his radar).

I'm so sorry she's flaring. Here if you need a shoulder...

We like quercitin in our house, also. I'm not certain in terms of its anti-inflammatory properties, but DS15 takes it twice daily for its anti-histamine effects, and I take it every morning, as well. It really seems to help with our mold and pollen allergies, especially.

We take a supplement called QBC made by SolaRay; it's a combination of quercitin, bromelaine and Vitamin C. Affordable at The Vitamin Shoppe.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I ordered some Quercetin, on quick ship, that is how desperate I am.

SF, I am actually on Enhansa- my dd has a phenol issue (even with no phenol enzymes) I did Enhansa with her 2-3 years ago, she got crazy hyper, but it reduced gut inflammation, and then she broke out in a big viral rash.

Interesting on the 2nd item you listed- but it has ginseng, and the very last thing this child needs is more energy.

LLM, looking over your recommendation - interesting on the low phenol version- I may order that, too.

The low phenol product has lower doses of main ingredients. You might want to email them to ask about how much of each active ingredient is in each product. I had it but cleaned up emails and accidentally deleted it. They've answered my emails w/in 24 hrs.

Also fyi - I've stopped using this product for the moment. DDs complaints of body pain and fatigue have continued and she broke out with a cold sore in the corner of her mouth yesterday. So I started her on some l-lysine. I don't want to be introducing both at the same time. So I've paused the neuroprotek. Won't be able to give you any anecdotal experience for awhile.

Hello- I know this has been talked about, but search function didn't work for me-

Wondering if I can get feedback. Dd7 is in a flair with another virus cold- I am dosing ibuprofen 2x a day, but I really need to find something else.

I can't do curcumin with her-

Never have used Quercetin-

does anyone find it effective for reducing inflammation?

Thank you-

I tried ds on quercitin a few times and thought he seemed worse. Not crazy worse, but worse.

we have also done curcumin and Enhansa...

I could not figure out why he was getting worse over a period of time.

One of the recent things i decided to address( that most of pandas, dans, immunologists, DRs and few other people i have mentioned it to)is salicylates. Ds mouth itches with most fruits.

so drs said don't eat or dont eat if during allergy season.

But even if i get it past his mouth, what is it doing interanally?

So we have gone sal free. TURMeric and querctin(which i seem to find comes from fruit and vegies...i think mostly apples) were bad mojo for him.

you may want to call the company and find out where the quercitin comes from. FAva beans are high is sals.

We are following a very strict diet.

I suspect kpu problem,,,should know soon.

This ties into a coulpe other things mentioned before, not knew info, but more of how these conditions, meth problems come together.

Ds itches to things that are even on the low end of the spectrum.

We are flowing, to the best of our ability, the failsafe diet.

I was thinking about brain inflammation yesterday morning and ended up ordering some Lutimax Pediatric which contains luteolin and rutin (thanks for the links to Dr Theoharides work LLM - they got me thinking). It was a toss-up between that and Neuroprotek (which contains luteolin, rutin and quercetin), but reading on a couple of autism boards that quercetin was causing problems in some children, I went with Lutimax. Our LLMD has DD11 on DaVinci Enz-Flame which has a fair amount of quercetin and rutin, but not much luteolin (along with enzymes and curcumin). Can't really tell if it is making a difference.

I just bought it today at Vitamin Shoppe (Quercetin + C) I've read a lot and seems to be a good supplement for these kids. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this helps to avoid virus and allergies.

Just one question.....my son is almost 15 y/o, what would be a good dose for him?

Thank you!

I just bought it today at Vitamin Shoppe (Quercetin + C) I've read a lot and seems to be a good supplement for these kids. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this helps to avoid virus and allergies.

Just one question.....my son is almost 15 y/o, what would be a good dose for him?

Thank you!

My DS15 takes three capsules each day . . . two in the morning and one in the evening. That seems to work well for him. Since it has Vitamin C in it, you might want to titer up a little slowly, though, since large doses of C can induce some diarrhea in some people.