ACN Latitudes Forums

Need liver detox ideas

I need to find a liver detox for dd10 but I am having trouble because of all of her allergies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

She is allergic to ragweed so milk thistle is out.

I've been researching NAC and ran across several sites that said to not take it if you have dairy, egg or wheat allergies. She is ANA dairy and slightly IgE positive for egg so we are avoiding it for now. So NAC is out.

Can't have lemon water because of the whole Eosiniphilic Esophagitis thing.

Nothing in capsule form because of severe allergy to Gelatin. Vegetable capsules are OK if not soy derivated.

Topical creams would be preferred but they can't have any PEG or forms of polyethylene glycol because of severe allergy.

She just added Bactrim to her abx regime of Omnicef and Biaxin so I'm really concerned about her liver.

Suggestions????

How about castor oil pack on the liver? It is thought to really energize liver and get it to detox more. I find this to be great for me. I notice less acne on my back, and much less need for SAMe and NAC (supplements that support detox), when I keep up with these, all clues it really helps with detox. I like to do this once a week, although seems to end up like every other week.

L-glutathione (we like the original flavor... not orange flavor)

Promotes Detoxification

Glutathione also helps the liver remove chemicals that are foreign (xenobiotics) to the body, such as drugs and pollutants. The highest amounts of glutathione are found in the liver and kidneys, which are responsible for the removal of toxic components. Glutathione possesses the unique ability to bind to toxins, heavy metals, solvents, and pesticides - and helps the body excrete these substances in either urine or bile.

http://researchednutritionals.com/store/item.cfm?code=CRN129

How about castor oil pack on the liver? It is thought to really energize liver and get it to detox more. I find this to be great for me. I notice less acne on my back, and much less need for SAMe and NAC (supplements that support detox), when I keep up with these, all clues it really helps with detox. I like to do this once a week, although seems to end up like every other week.

I'm trying this on my son tonight. He's so sensitive to anything taken internaly. I wish I knew about this earlier, just read up on it, I like it.

Alpha lipoic acid is a pre-cursor to glutathione - would that be a possibility? We use this one from source naturals but lower in the search results I see a cream... http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_18?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=source+naturals+alpha+lipoic+acid&sprefix=source+naturals+al%2Caps%2C180

(fwiw - DD is allergic to ragweed and also has allergic issues to other herbs like andrographis and oregano - but has no issues with milk thistle - go figure).

We have started using Cholestyramine powder, that you stir in juice and drink 2 x a day. It is prescription, but there is a type with and one without additives, The one without additives you need to get from a compounding pharmacy (like Hopkinton) and the one with additives is available in any drugstore with prescription. It comes in packets, very easy to use.

Michael-like your recommendation. I assume I can find something on the Internet to tell me exactly how to do this.

You can find it on the internet and read or even a youtube. Various methods, and you will find your own. Key is a cloth, wool or cotton, and good castor oil. The cloth can be bought on iherb.com or at some health food stores. I really think Premier Research Labs castor oil is much higher quality than available in health food stores. It's still relatively inexpensive, as you need a couple small bottles to get started, but then, ongoing, it's a very small amount you need to add to the cloth. Biggest mistake people make is adding too much oil, then it runs out onto your couch or whatever. Biggest trick is finding a way to keep the oil contained and not getting over everything. I wrap well in plastic wrap (like for food), in one piece, around the body a few times. Still, some will leak, and good sturdy plastic underneath to collect, perhaps with an old towel, is important, as some will leak almost all the time. You need a heater like people use to apply heat to a body, to keep the cloth warm for the hour while over your liver. Some heat the cloth in a dish in the oven first. To me, that just gets you another dish and mess to clean, as the heater will warm it up in 5 or so minutes. The used cloth gets saved in a jar in the refrigerator, so taking it out a couple hours ahead of time allows it to warm up first a little bit. These are just my thoughts, they'll probably make more sense after watching/reading about it from one or two other sources, but, like I said, everyone will get their own methods.

Edited by MichaelTampa

Both DD and I are very allergic to ragweed yet we have no problem whatsoever with milk thistle. We find it works exceedingly well for liver detox.

(fwiw - DD is allergic to ragweed and also has allergic issues to other herbs like andrographis and oregano - but has no issues with milk thistle - go figure).

Have you tried chlorella or Detox Deodorant (goes on bottom of feet; underarms; and around neck at night)?

Also, interesting that you are talking about the liver. We are going to start GcMAF injections (hopefully next week) and just read on their Facebook site that the nagalese (the stuff you do not want a lot of) tends to hang out in the liver where it can easily cause havoc on the immune system.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/439553602725764/

Hope you find something that works for your daughter.

You can find a ton of infor on the castor packs on EarthClinic! THis site is amazing, I really urge you all to look into it for any ailment you or your child may have. This site has helped me immensely, esp with consuming organic Apple CIder Vinegar and its amazing effects. I know I may sound wacky to get so excited over this site, but for people who have to be very careful in what they ingest, you may just find some fabulous suggestions here!

http://earthclinic.com/