ACN Latitudes Forums

Lauricidin

mdmom

My DS15 has been on Valtrex daily for about 1 year. He noticed he felt better soon after starting it.

He is now dealing with possible kidney issues (protein in urine) and the nephrologist told us that Valtrex is nephrotoxic. Until we get more answers on the kidney issues (2 docs think it is immune related), I asked our LLMD to stop the Valtrex.

LLMD replaced it with Lauricidin.

Anyone have experience with this supplement?

Edited by mdmom

Hi,

We used Lauricidin in the early autism days. Little balls that taste like soap. Better to swallow and not chew.

Possibly since you have been on Valtrex and lowered the viral load, the Lauricidin might do the trick.

I too have been looking into antiviral options and if you search Julia Faith's posts, she has more options that she discusses. Don't forget copious amounts of coconut oil...also antiviral.

I could never get my son to take it and I can't say I blame him. I ended up throwing it away. Other coconut products may help. When my DD was fighting EBV last winter, l-lysine did the trick for her. It worked great. But it depends on the virus you may be fighting. It doesn't work for everything.

I posted a reply to your thread on PANDAS forum that we have always used the Monolaurin capsules made by Cardiovascular Research. Get it at iherb.com (cheapest) or Vitamin Shoppe

Easy to swallow capsule and we have found it to be highly effective as a general antimicrobial.