ACN Latitudes Forums

Food allergy Question

technodad

I suggest that now that you've gotten the pediatric neurologist out of the way, see if you can find someone who is able to help you.

Have you looked into an environmental practice? That's where I started (that is, after we determined that the pediatrician and the pediatric neurologist were useless), and they helped with everything from diet to tests to supplements. And you feel like you are understood and like you are not alone. Which is a good feeling.

I think if you're going to consider diet modification as an option, it's easiest with the guidance of professionals who are experienced. Because it's hard to do. They would tell you that at a minimum you have to get rid of all artificials (flavors, colors, perservatives, etc.). This is a tall task; it might as well mean going organic, because just about all of today's convenient, processed foods, which are probably all things that our kids like since that's what we've been giving them all their lives, are filled with stuff that's not healthy for them and may very well be part of the reason they are having some of the troubles they are having. It's no coincidence that we're finding more and more preservative free and artificial free and hfcs free, etc. etc. etc. in our regular old grocery stores. The stuff is harmful and more and more people are suffering because of it and looking for alternatives.

Regarding the milk, If you got off of it and you think it helped, that's an excellent reason for staying off of it. My son has survived perfectly well without it. What I should say is that his health has improved by not drinking it. Maybe you could try cutting out other dairy, too. Cheese, for example, which is like milk on steroids.

- Chris

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Chemar. If you went milk free and seen some improvement but then introduced all that candy. Well I'm sure it has milk and 20 other things like she mentioned that can cause an adverse reaction. You are at the point of what where who caused all this . I. Would stay away from dyes and HFCS and candy in general if you are trying to figure out milk or anything especially when it comes to tics. Milk alone helped my ds with congestion but I believe the elimination of all dyes and preservatives helped him feel better. It's a long road but over time you will see the cause and effect. Keep trying!

Mar