ACN Latitudes Forums

Question on odd behaviors?

mar

I always wondered if this has anything to do with pandas or something else. Looking over the years things that my kids did. Ds would spin in circles with his eyes closed. Not always but sometimes and say it felt good. He stopped and then would do it so often. Dd would do it but don't know if she learned it from him at those times or what. Also ds during bad times would sit with his head down on floor and legs curled around and said this feels good . This is one thing that goes away but I see him doing if again at certain times. He slides across floor and seems to like like to be lower during certain times. This was a shock when he was 7 but k am noticing this at 10 . He had strep back in may with three doses of antibotics. But see him doing this now. Was tested for strep and nothing. My question is do you notice this behavior with allergies and colds or is it strictly strep. He has done the hands out and eyes closed walking but not excessively. He would say its fun. But it would only be a couple times a day and then he was done with it. Are these actions pandas or could they be something else? He's 10 and when I see him on his head if freaks me out! Like I said its not constant but he has that need. He was tested for strep on thurs and nothing. Could these actions come out with stress or a cold for pandas children . Does it have to be strep?

Mar

I have an old post with questions about being upside down and handstands. My daughter has this with flares. I think for her it started as seeing sensory input and then unfortunately became a ritual or OCD, when she would do some 100 to 200 handstands each day trying to make them"perfect"

These behaviors are PANDAS related. My son used to spin and spin during flares. The last time was last Spring and his teacher commented on it. He was 5 at the time and tiny toddler behavior could not be responsible. It's a sensory piece. As time has elapsed and he has done better w/abx daily (for 2 years), this behavior has fallen off.