ACN Latitudes Forums

Update and more ?

Trying Augmentin (she's had Amoxicillin and Zith on and off since May) Pediatrician prescribed 600/5ML- taking 3 mls 2x daily for 14 days. I got 1 refill. Does that sound like a good dose? She's about 30 pounds.

So far I'm not seeing any change on the Augmentin. We're on day 7.

We have been doing the combo of Augmentin and Zithromax... Augmentin for us took about 10 days or so to start seeing improvement. But thank God, this has been the first thing that has made a difference since we started this process. Hang in there and make sure to be consistent with the dosages... Augmentin has short half life so it's important to space the doses out properly. Also make sure to be giving probiotics with them :) best wishes!!

Trying Augmentin (she's had Amoxicillin and Zith on and off since May) Pediatrician prescribed 600/5ML- taking 3 mls 2x daily for 14 days. I got 1 refill. Does that sound like a good dose? She's about 30 pounds.

Also, if you are giving liquid some parents say that the liquid aug... Starts to lose its potency after a week or so. So by day 14 yours may not be as effective. Just a thought.

We have been doing the combo of Augmentin and Zithromax... Augmentin for us took about 10 days or so to start seeing improvement. But thank God, this has been the first thing that has made a difference since we started this process. Hang in there and make sure to be consistent with the dosages... Augmentin has short half life so it's important to space the doses out properly. Also make sure to be giving probiotics with them :) best wishes!!

What's a good spacing since she takes it twice a day? We always pump the probiotics! I usually wait 2 hours after the abx to give the probiotics.

Also, if you are giving liquid some parents say that the liquid aug... Starts to lose its potency after a week or so. So by day 14 yours may not be as effective. Just a thought.

Oh ok. Yeah, it's liquid. That stinks since hers is a 14 day supply :(

Well really it should be spaced 12 hours apart but if that means having to wake the child up, then I wouldn't do that. But if you can do say 8 am and 8 pm then you should. Yes, probiotics no less then two hours away from abx. Did they actually mix a 14 day does for you? Because that would be silly of them... augmentin has a 10 day shelf life even in the fridge. Same with the Zithromax. When we get our ten day supplies of Zithromax, I always have them give me the last two bottles unmixed otherwise you run the risk of it going bad. Just keep watch, if you see improvement in the next few day and then regression it may be due to the Augmentin having lost potency already. Sorry it's so frustrating :(

We were told by the pharmacist that the liquid augmentin should be rifilled every 9th day to avoid it losing potency. In fact, we find that we really need a fresh bottle (even refrigerated) more like every 8 days. Just now switching to picking up the script refil once a week.

Well really it should be spaced 12 hours apart but if that means having to wake the child up, then I wouldn't do that. But if you can do say 8 am and 8 pm then you should. Yes, probiotics no less then two hours away from abx. Did they actually mix a 14 day does for you? Because that would be silly of them... augmentin has a 10 day shelf life even in the fridge. Same with the Zithromax. When we get our ten day supplies of Zithromax, I always have them give me the last two bottles unmixed otherwise you run the risk of it going bad. Just keep watch, if you see improvement in the next few day and then regression it may be due to the Augmentin having lost potency already. Sorry it's so frustrating :(

Yep. 14 day supply of liquid. :wacko: