ACN Latitudes Forums

what actually causes the rash?

i know i should know this. . . but, what actually causes the rash? i'm speaking specifically of bartonella - but i guess really any TBI. is it a reaction from the immune system that it is attmepting to rid of infection? does it show a functioning immune system or an impaired one? how does it come about? is it an attempt to rid infection through the skin? how do we rid infection anyway -- through urine and poop?

why does it come about sometimes after someone is being treated? should we assume that the body wasn't fighting but it is a sign it is now?

thanks!

i know i should know this. . . but, what actually causes the rash? i'm speaking specifically of bartonella - but i guess really any TBI. is it a reaction from the immune system that it is attmepting to rid of infection? does it show a functioning immune system or an impaired one? how does it come about? is it an attempt to rid infection through the skin? how do we rid infection anyway -- through urine and poop?

why does it come about sometimes after someone is being treated? should we assume that the body wasn't fighting but it is a sign it is now?

thanks!

Not sure of the answer, but I will tell you that one of my DS has Lyme and Bartonella and was getting all kids of funky rashes before and during treatment (about 7 months). He is still being treated, but he does not get rashes anymore! Everything has improved all around! Take a look on Dr Jone's web site, it may have the answer :-)