ACN Latitudes Forums

Medication Fights

Teri

I also used "racing" for my daughter when she had to take liquid medicine. I would have one of her stuffed animals trot a lap around the table to see who could finish first. Sometimes the stuffed animal would take a fall off the table (and start from the beginning) to allow her some extra time. The stuffed animal would then give her a victory hug or high five after she won.

I also used "racing" for my daughter when she had to take liquid medicine. I would have one of her stuffed animals trot a lap around the table to see who could finish first. Sometimes the stuffed animal would take a fall off the table (and start from the beginning) to allow her some extra time. The stuffed animal would then give her a victory hug or high five after she won.

We've used lots of other "races" too - before I finish the dishes, before I come back in from taking the dogs out, etc... but having us also have to take medicine I think makes him feel a bit better.

Ironically - him showing off his amazing medicine taking abilities to visitors works well too - you'd think having an audience would increase the anxiety!

We routinely do races of all kinds to "help the medicine go down". She races us doing various things around the house. We also use timers to see if she can "beat the clock".

We see Dr.B on Friday and will finally get the results of extensive labs from August. That appt. can't come soon enough but we are anxious to see what else we are dealing with.