ACN Latitudes Forums

restless legs syndrome and Pandas -- medication?

pr40

For those of you who had experience with Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) and Pandas -- what worked? what medication? what diet? what didn't work?

My dd8 is now on penicillin and some of her Pandas symptoms have improved. But her RLS seems to have become worse. She has dry eyes and some anxiety going to sleep. We use melatonin 3mg to fall asleep. She is also on NAC 600mg in the morning.

I know that you are looking for what helps with a pandas child with restless leg, but I thought I'd tell you what helps my restless leg maybe it will help your pandas child too.

For me, the best help is quick paced walking (not running - the walking motion on the foot/ankle is what does it) for at least 30 minutes if not longer in afternoon or evening. The second best help is a foot message with lotion. The lotion is a must. It seems like the skin needs to be rubbed in addition to the message, so maybe that is why it only works when I use lotion. The next that helps is 500mg calcium citrate with 250-500mg magnesium (These are my adult dosages.) taken in the evening. There is definitely a mental component; I must not think about it. Once, when the restless leg lingered for a several days in a row, I added hot baths with bath oil or oatmeal bath stuff, hypnosis/ guided imagery for relaxation, and stretching.

Hope this helps.

Edited by formedbrds