ACN Latitudes Forums

Myco P.

cdnmom

Does your child have lung infection with unclear breathing sounds?

There are two ways mycoP can go - just into your lungs (tyrpical walking pneumonia that can be detected early and treated) and chronic - a typical presentation - not in your lungs. If IgG is elevated and does not come down, or continues to rise - you have an active infection - regardless of negative chest Xray or IgM.

So - some of it can be detected, but sometimes not. If you have IgM - you have myco P, no need for chest Xray, unless problems with lungs and IgM does not come down with antibiotics (as far as I know). Does your child has these problems? If so, get the X ray...if you doc thinks you need it.

we have over 5.0 IGG MP here which is VERY high in our labs reference range. Still playing antibiotic roulette. Our Dr's office mentioned a physician who specialized in drug resistant MP anyone know who that is? I have always wondered about the long term effects of having a high IGG for MP. No doctor has ever suggested x-rays to us for MP, my kids are asymptomatic. ASH_- are your kids asymptomatic?

All 3 of my children and I tested positive for Myco P. Igm, but all of our Igg numbers were also high. My husband tested positive for Igg only. With the exception of my husband, the rest of us have been sick, off and on, every month since March. It was really strange to me because everyone's symptoms would always creep back and were the same as they were the previous time so they seemed to have the same infection each time. No one had fevers, but my dd5 would always get a bit of a sore throat, a cough, and a clear runny nose (same symtoms each time). My ds5 would keep getting croupe and pedi diagnosed him with asthma and my ds8 PANS would get congestion that would take forever to go away and he had this weird morning cough that lasted forever. We found the Myco P. with Dr. T while doing routine bloodwork for my PANS son..it was quite a shock....family doc and pedi missed it.

Dr T. thinks the Myco was ds8's trigger and put him on 30 days of zith, but only gave the rest of us 10 days. My husband got nothing. My non pans children finished abx about 5 days ago and symptoms are starting again. I'm not sure if it's just germ exposure at school or the myco symptoms creeping back up. I am worried that we didn't get enough abx to treat and the window of opportunity is closing. My thinking was that if my family MD saw the myco in an x-ray, she might be willing to give me more abx, but it still probably wouldn't be enough to erradicate the infection.

No one has any unclear lung sounds going on right now but they have typical cold symptoms.

What does it mean when both Igm and Igg numbers are high? And what is the treatment protocol for myco when it's in Igm phase? Does anyone know? I'm tempted to call Dr. T. to request more abx....he is pretty conservative though. I don't really know who else to go to, I just got appt with LLMD but couldn't get in until Jan.

All 3 of my children and I tested positive for Myco P. Igm, but all of our Igg numbers were also high. My husband tested positive for Igg only. With the exception of my husband, the rest of us have been sick, off and on, every month since March. It was really strange to me because everyone's symptoms would always creep back and were the same as they were the previous time so they seemed to have the same infection each time. No one had fevers, but my dd5 would always get a bit of a sore throat, a cough, and a clear runny nose (same symtoms each time). My ds5 would keep getting croupe and pedi diagnosed him with asthma and my ds8 PANS would get congestion that would take forever to go away and he had this weird morning cough that lasted forever. We found the Myco P. with Dr. T while doing routine bloodwork for my PANS son..it was quite a shock....family doc and pedi missed it.

Dr T. thinks the Myco was ds8's trigger and put him on 30 days of zith, but only gave the rest of us 10 days. My husband got nothing. My non pans children finished abx about 5 days ago and symptoms are starting again. I'm not sure if it's just germ exposure at school or the myco symptoms creeping back up. I am worried that we didn't get enough abx to treat and the window of opportunity is closing. My thinking was that if my family MD saw the myco in an x-ray, she might be willing to give me more abx, but it still probably wouldn't be enough to erradicate the infection.

No one has any unclear lung sounds going on right now but they have typical cold symptoms.

What does it mean when both Igm and Igg numbers are high? And what is the treatment protocol for myco when it's in Igm phase? Does anyone know? I'm tempted to call Dr. T. to request more abx....he is pretty conservative though. I don't really know who else to go to, I just got appt with LLMD but couldn't get in until Jan.

Until recentlly I thought that IGG (meant gone) and that we only had to worry about IGM, but Dr B clarified this for me the other day. My DS 1 and DS2 both have VERY high IGG's and one had a creeping up to close to + number again( we have a chronic problem here). We are currently using antibiotics like augmentin 875 (for the big one) and minocycline... recently added clindamycin for strep (clinda and bactrum for the little guy)--- but it seems to really depend because some of them are 1st line vs second line chioces for MP and or strep. It is very confusing and seems to be highly individual. We are also treating Lyme too and the Dr just recommended a "cyst buster" --tindamax for my older son. Please post if you get any more info about xrays and myco plasma. We see an LLMD too if you want to PM me. It may help a lot since lyme and MP seem to frequently exist in tandem. Checking out the tindamax with the LLMD.