ACN Latitudes Forums

C Diff getting Better

JenniferG

Today was by far the worst I have ever seen Meg.

She was diagnosed with C Diff last week and put on Flagyl. She is also on Florastor and VSL #3. She is still not back to school. Yesterday I dropped her off, she was upset, but still went in. As soon as I walked in the house the school called and I had to go get her. She said she was nauseous. She sat in the car and said she was better. But had fear in her eyes and did NOT want to go back in. I called her Psychologist and he saw us yesterday and said she def has her OCD back and anxiety and tried to teach her some techniques. When we got home she melted. Crying, nausea,screaming, diarrhea.... I gave her an Epsom Salt bath and she calmed a little. Slept fine. This AM I lost her. she woke scared. Did not want want to go to school. Had diarrhea 4 times before 11 AM, dizzy, nausea. Dr. T is at a conference, advised us to call Pedi....he wanted to make sure wasn't dehydrated. He saw us at noon. On the way there I had to pull over because she was starting to hyperventilate and said she was going to vomit. When we got in the office she said she saw stars and asked if the lights were flickering. Pedi said anxiety..no dehydration. Reculture stool to make sure we have improvement.

I had a first time visit with Homeopath/Naturopath for Monday. I called to seeif he could see us today. Thankfully, he did. I couldn't get her in the car. She locked herself in her room. I had to threaten her that I would call an ambulance ( prob the worst thing to do) if she didn't come out. She finally came out and got in the car......a 35 min ride ahead of us. THE WHOLE WAY THERE she cried,"tingled" .......total full blown panic attack...almost wet herself. By the time we pulled in the driveway... I had to carry her in. She was trembling fiercely, pale, sobbing.

So the doctor sees us and asks a ton of questions. Asks if I would mind he gave her a homeopathic remedy to help calm down now. Um yeah, no problem. Within MINUTES, she is calm. No tears. No more nausea. By the time we left she was smiling, laughing and happy! I am ASTOUNDED. He has her taking (I know I will spell it wrong) Tuberculium every other day until next Thursday. And then call him. And we will go from there. He said it slime peeling an onion....heard that before. :)

I just want to say that today was the first time I realized how important this board is to me.....it's a wonderful sounding board, counseling center and overall blessing to me. Without everyone's experience here to give direction, advice and experiences...I'm not sure where we would be. Thank you to everyone that has ever read my posts and responded or just said a prayer.

We have a long road ahead of us. But it sure does feel good to be back in control.

I so identify with what you just went through. We are going through a really tough time too. So glad you found some help with homeopathic doc. Wondering if you would be willing to let me know (pm me?) where that doc is? Name and town. Thx. Also, how old is your DD? Mine is 12.

It may be too early to reculture the c-diff if you are still on the flagyl. My daughter's OCD really increased when she had c-diff (over 2 years ago), and got even worse when on the flagyl. I feel for you! We are no longer dealing with the ocd symptoms we had back then, but it was was one of my daughters worse times. She raged and cried 24/7 during that time.

Also want to ask - did you start the VSL and flagyl at the same time? My daughter didn't do well on VSL (tried it 2 times). It was a reaction I knew I couldn't work through. Just a thought - there are some who have no problems with it.

I hope the homeopathic remedy continues to be successful!

I dont' know which homeopath she used but my boys have had fabulous succes with homeopathy for over 18 months now and we usse a homeopath located in NYC who specializes in pandas and autism. Her name is Angelica Lemke and she does skype appts for almost all her patients and the child doesnt' even need to be present. It's expensive but sooo worth it. www.asdhomeopathy.com

I so identify with what you just went through. We are going through a really tough time too. So glad you found some help with homeopathic doc. Wondering if you would be willing to let me know (pm me?) where that doc is? Name and town. Thx. Also, how old is your DD? Mine is 12.

Edited by Stephanie2

Today was by far the worst I have ever seen Meg.

She was diagnosed with C Diff last week and put on Flagyl. She is also on Florastor and VSL #3. She is still not back to school. Yesterday I dropped her off, she was upset, but still went in. As soon as I walked in the house the school called and I had to go get her. She said she was nauseous. She sat in the car and said she was better. But had fear in her eyes and did NOT want to go back in. I called her Psychologist and he saw us yesterday and said she def has her OCD back and anxiety and tried to teach her some techniques. When we got home she melted. Crying, nausea,screaming, diarrhea.... I gave her an Epsom Salt bath and she calmed a little. Slept fine. This AM I lost her. she woke scared. Did not want want to go to school. Had diarrhea 4 times before 11 AM, dizzy, nausea. Dr. T is at a conference, advised us to call Pedi....he wanted to make sure wasn't dehydrated. He saw us at noon. On the way there I had to pull over because she was starting to hyperventilate and said she was going to vomit. When we got in the office she said she saw stars and asked if the lights were flickering. Pedi said anxiety..no dehydration. Reculture stool to make sure we have improvement.

I had a first time visit with Homeopath/Naturopath for Monday. I called to seeif he could see us today. Thankfully, he did. I couldn't get her in the car. She locked herself in her room. I had to threaten her that I would call an ambulance ( prob the worst thing to do) if she didn't come out. She finally came out and got in the car......a 35 min ride ahead of us. THE WHOLE WAY THERE she cried,"tingled" .......total full blown panic attack...almost wet herself. By the time we pulled in the driveway... I had to carry her in. She was trembling fiercely, pale, sobbing.

So the doctor sees us and asks a ton of questions. Asks if I would mind he gave her a homeopathic remedy to help calm down now. Um yeah, no problem. Within MINUTES, she is calm. No tears. No more nausea. By the time we left she was smiling, laughing and happy! I am ASTOUNDED. He has her taking (I know I will spell it wrong) Tuberculium every other day until next Thursday. And then call him. And we will go from there. He said it slime peeling an onion....heard that before. :)

I just want to say that today was the first time I realized how important this board is to me.....it's a wonderful sounding board, counseling center and overall blessing to me. Without everyone's experience here to give direction, advice and experiences...I'm not sure where we would be. Thank you to everyone that has ever read my posts and responded or just said a prayer.

We have a long road ahead of us. But it sure does feel good to be back in control.

Glad to hear she found some relief with homeopathy as well. I just wanted to let you know I had the same experience with my son a few months ago, Flagyl was the miracle drug, but also I got rid of the VSL3 becaquite some time ago because it is too strong and it has the strep strain. I switched to Custom probiotics but after trial and much error also lowered his dosage of Custom Probiotics because I found that a high dose of good bacteria is a trigger for my son. I think his antibodies respond to the drastic change in gut flora whether it be good bacteria or bad bacteria. Just something to keep in mind for anyone that can't find relief it could also be the dosage of probiotics and the strains that are in those probiotics.

Also Cdiff caused one of my sons diahrea and the other constipation. Flagyl helped both and they have been stable since.

Best of luck so glad you found a remedy. Take care.