ACN Latitudes Forums

Prophylactic ABX, Flares, Strep and other infections

JenniferG

I think I am confused......

My 3 kids have been on ABX for quite some time......from 3 years down for Meg and 1.5 for the boys. They have flares. They get sick...mostly the boys get sick, but all flare. So....daily abx..is it to treat or to keep things at bay? And should they flare when on abx? Does that mean its the wrong dose? Are they sick? Have they been exposed? All of the above?

If we don't see a difference on Augmentin 600 2xday or Amoxicillin 250 2xday, does that mean the Amoxicillin is working just as well as the Aug, OR that neither is working if they flare and get sick on them?

My 3 kids have been on ABX for quite some time......from 3 years down for Meg and 1.5 for the boys. They have flares. They get sick...mostly the boys get sick, but all flare. So....daily abx..is it to treat or to keep things at bay? And should they flare when on abx? Does that mean its the wrong dose? Are they sick? Have they been exposed? All of the above?

If we don't see a difference on Augmentin 600 2xday or Amoxicillin 250 2xday, does that mean the Amoxicillin is working just as well as the Aug, OR that neither is working if they flare and get sick on them?

Wow..... No wonder you are confused that is a lot to keep up with. I think if you could provide a little more background info more people could respond to your post and try to help you. Are all three children pandas/pans... Any confections? Each child may need a different level of care or respond differently. Do they each have different levels of symptoms?

My PANDAS DS has flares with viruses or even allergies. He is on Zithromax 3 ml once per day. I think it is common for small flares in situuations such as those. In our house we handle them with kid gloves and realize he's going through one of the episodes. The good news is that DS has not gotten strep since being on the Rx.

I hope you can find more answers on this site!

Wow..... No wonder you are confused that is a lot to keep up with. I think if you could provide a little more background info more people could respond to your post and try to help you. Are all three children pandas/pans... Any confections? Each child may need a different level of care or respond differently. Do they each have different levels of symptoms?

Meg...diagnosed PANDAS 3 years ago..ALL tests neg....ASO, m plasma, ANT DNASE, Lyme (p41 +), HIGH anxiety. Was in check until beg of Aug. Dr. T wanted her off abx (Aug 250) to run clean tests. Since then daily nausea, fatigue and feeling blah.

Joe dx PANDAS a year and a half ago. ALL tests neg. except high HSV. Rage, emotional, wets himself when sick unless on abx

Kyle mild PANDAS. All tests neg except Lyme p41. Emotional

Not really sure what PANS is.....