ACN Latitudes Forums

wanted to share

Priscilla

Haven't checked in a while. DD is off all meds and doing great! :P Just wanted to share this article, found it interesting. I feel vaccines were the cause of our whole problem.

http://vactruth.com/2012/09/14/eczema-as-a-biomarker/?utm_source=The+Vaccine+Truth+Newsletter&utm_campaign=a974f5dbea-09_14_2012_eczema&utm_medium=email

how old is she. ? which vaccine

great news!! how did you get here(to this good place)

she is 10, and does't seem to be near puberty (think she will be a late bloomer:)) Hard to say exactly which vaccine, but in retrospect, the very first signs of something wrong came right after her 15 month MMR. She became extremely hypersensitive to her seatbelt. It was new, and it was so severe I knew something wasn't right, but she was so normal otherwise I really just hoped it was a phase. She also had asthma, (which makes sense that it could have also been caused by vax) so of course Dr encouraged the flu shot. After the first one, she became extremely ill within 48 hrs (high fever, sore throat...) I took her back, rapid influenza test positive! of course it was brushed off as coincidence, but I know better. She was in no way ill, or exposed to anyone ill before getting the vax. I have become consumed with educating myself about the vax and everything makes perfect sense on why we ended up with our "PANDAS/Lyme" diagnosis, which neither of those diagnosis made as much sense to me as the possibility of vaccine injury. When I changed my focus to helping her recover from injury, we were able to get well.

How I got here:

first- education, like I said about the effects of vax and the additives, not just mercury, but aluminum and other adjuvants affecting neuro, gut, skin.......

second- prepare myself mentally... we want to heal, and balance her immune system, not continously fight off microbes that are a natural part of our environment. If her immune system can be balanced and work properly again, these microbes/viruses will not be a problem, her body will handle them like children have for thousands of years (sans the assault of microbes, virus, heavy metals and exposure to multiple disease at once that is given to our children nowadays via vaccine).

I really focused on getting her off the abx because while I always hated her being on them, I felt they were absolutely necessary, and at at time she was in such severe psychosis, they probably were. At this point though, I felt they were just adding to the toxic load in her body, and I really wanted to simplify what her body had to process. I had to mentally prepare for what would happen when we decreased because she always slipped when we tried.

third- diet. "let food by thy medicine" I had gone back and forth on this, but the more I realized how her gut was probably affected by the vaccine, therefor contributing to neuro/BBB issues I knew there was a connection. Many parents of autistic children can attest to this (I truly believe add, adhd, PANDAS/PANS, aspergers, autism are all then same spectrum, just a different degree/mechanism of injury, then add that to all of the other autoimmune dz our children are suffering from: diabetes, asthma, arthritis.....I feel it is all linked to the vaccine assualt). I limited gluten and sugar, and went for organic everything! We also gave carlson fish oil daily

fourth-start the wean and hold on!!! we went down first on the zith b/c I felt she was less dependant on this one. I made small decreases and waited several weeks between adjustments. Lots of water, epsom salts baths almost daily (necessary!and I read it is acutally a mild chelation). I really want to stress this for you other parents thinking of weaning, THERE WAS SLIPPING!!!! each time I made a decrease SHE DID SLIP! but I refused to go back, and she knew I had that confidence with my new focus. I prayed and felt in my core that we were going down the right road. I put my faith in GOD, I knew a long time ago not to put it in science or doctors (no offense to the wonderful docs trying to help, but they ARE human, and unfortunately, almost entirely educated by pharmacuetical companies that make billions from vaccines and patient dependant on their drugs). I saw some old behaviors come back, and some new ones start, but I held fast, made her soak everyday in epsoms, and stayed calm. I told her it was normal she would feel this and it would pass within a few days. AND IT DID!!!!!! Then I would wait until she balanced a little, and make another decrease. I think I started weaning in Dec of last year, we were completely off by May.

fifth- I prayed and prayed, and gave thanks for every little thing. I truly believed she would be ok,( and believe me, I didn't always project this) but I felt it was important for her to know I felt this. Somethimes I had to summon strength and try to make myself believe it, but I feel my strength definitely gave her strength.

Now- She is doing amazing! I sometimes forget how bad she was, but I do remind myself so I can be thankful. I would say she still has some anxiety at times... but she knows she can conquer... if you read my old posts, you will know we were pretty dark at one point. I see her wit, and I know she thinks better. Grades are up, she can definitely process math better (scored on the line of advanced on her start testing!) NO MORE VACCINES for us. I will use our medical exemption, but if I am bullied, I WILL resort to homeschool... whatever it takes, I will not let her be injured again. I have educated her to not let the school vaccinate her too!

Sorry so long, but I feel it important to share. I pray for strength and healing for all of you! Please know you can heal, we are proof!!!!

how old is she. ? which vaccine

great news!! how did you get here(to this good place)

I have become consumed with educating myself about the vax and everything makes perfect sense on why we ended up with our "PANDAS/Lyme" diagnosis, which neither of those diagnosis made as much sense to me as the possibility of vaccine injury.

DD10 also showed indication of vaccination injury after her 15 month MMR. Did you have a positive lyme diagnosis and did she have any co-infections? Did you end up addressing the vaccination injury with homeopathic remedies?

Edited by rowingmom

Hi Priscilla,

Thanks for sharing your amazing story..I went to read your old posts, somehow I can only see the first page, not the rest..(any tricks here?)

When you say you had "PANDAS/Lyme" diagnosis, Do you mean your DD actually had it or is it a false positive due to vaccine? Did you treat lyme specificly? My DD8 has quite a few positive lyme bands, ILAD wants treatment, but I am still not sure if lyme is true for us. So I opt for a more natural treatment (Zhangs protocol).

Thanks again for giving us hope and courage!

My dd seemed what could be textbook PANDAS at first, elevated strep antibodies, and fit the diagnostic critieria to a "T" but I hadn't known of any strep infection since she had strep throat as an infant. We did abx and IVIG with improvement, but not enough. Saw parents getting lyme diagnosis and recalled a bite around 3yrs old and went for testing. We had pos lyme bands an mycoplasma. This was after 4 ivig though, so I have always wondered. Regardless, treating for lyme and Pandas was basically the same. Lyme doc added zith, and was very good about listening, monitoring labs... I do credit him with our greatest success. She continued to improve under his care, and he was on the same page when we started to wean. I still have trouble understanding all the puzzle pieces though. She was bit at 3, but showed the seatbelt and other hypersensitivity prior to that bite. hmmmmmm. Then, like I said, the research on vax made the most sense. I still have many "ah ha" moments as I read more. Asthma that started as soon as I stopped nursing her???? The timing is key after the MMR too. I also had a MMR vax in hosp after giving birth, then nursed (always wonder if that has some contribution to the problem too) I read about the maternal child TH1/TH2 immunity and it made sense to me. Then, I just go back to the basics of my motherly instincts.... I did not like the way she was being vaccinated, so much so, that I left her first ped, went to Dr Jim Sears b/c he does a monthly talk to actually help parents make an INFORMED decision about vaccines (rarity at a peds office!) no bullying, or rejecting patients for not vaccinating! So, I (regretably) went forward with vaccinating the full series.. but on an alternative schedule for a while. Then I had to move to a ped closer to me, and they went back on their schedule. I do feel the time we spaced them out, may have saved her from a worse fate (like the poor children suffering from full blown autism) My child is not unlike them in that many of her early behaviours were on that spectrum. Vaccine injury also makes sense to me why children can actually "recover" fully! from autism!!!! You don't "recover" from a genetic problem.

So, looking back on it from the other side (Thank GOD!) I feel there is alot of confusion and misdirection in the research. That is just my opinion, but I have to say I am so glad we are where we are, and I feel God led us here, by stripping away the layers, not getting too caught up in the details. Looking at the bigger, simpler picture about what was going on. I hope our path can help at least one of you. Don't ever hesitate to contact me.

Edited by Priscilla