ACN Latitudes Forums

Camel's milk

popcorn

I haven't formally introduced myself. I've been quite the lurker and have gotten so much information from you folks here. I am so grateful. I don't often chime in because most here seem to know so much, and I feel I don't have much to add to the wealth of knowledge here.

I'm a mom to three boys (6, 8, 11) with PANDAs--all at varying levels of severity. My oldest has had it probably since toddlerhood, but it went undiagnosed for 8 years. We don't know what his baseline is. Before the PANDAs dx, he was dx'ed with aspergers, ADD, dyspraxia, disorder of written expression, sensory issues.....you name it. Under PANDAs treatment we're seeing the layers peel away. It's a miracle to see him coming back to us. My middle son went undiagnosed for 3 years, and in my youngest, we probably would not have caught on if he'd been an only child.

All members of our family have had T&A now (we did one surgery a month Jan - April, myself included--hubby already had his out as a child, so he got off lucky!), we're all on prophylactic antibiotics, are on the GFCF diet to keep down inflammation, and are taking lots of supplements to deal with methylation issues and address gut health.

Anyway, for 2 of my boys, this has been enough to keep them at 90%. DS8 had a really bad summer, though--lots of phobias, anxiety, OCD, a couple of 2 hour crying/exorcist jags...all this while on antibiotics. We did biofilm treatment for us all, and that seemed to help a bit. We started biocidin and botanifuge, uncovered MARCONs and dealt with that, but he still wasn't himself. Then our doctor brought up IVIG, which is what kicked us into high, high gear. I started researching chelation and purchased a rife machine and an EMF shield for our home. Please, Lord, let him get better without an IVIG!!!

About six months ago, I had bought some powdered camel's milk on amazon/ebay (I can't remember). I tried it and wasn't crazy about the taste (the instructions were in Dutch and I probably didn't get the proportions right). I figured I wouldn't be able to get my kids to drink it--they're very picky, so I didn't push it. Then a couple of weeks ago I was on a facebook group discussing Andy Cutler chelation, and some moms really encouraged me to try camels milk (along with chelation, which we are starting this weekend!). I ordered it frozen from a farm in Michigan. My kids absolutely LOVE it! We're not rich, so we split one pint between the three of them per day. My kids have been on it for almost 2 weeks now, and I cannot tell you the difference.

DS8 doesn't need someone in the room with him to fall asleep anymore! His anxiety is gone. He can go upstairs on his own to look for something if he needs to. He will go in the garage to look for stuff (never used to do that b/c of his fear of spiders). He's happy at school. Homework used to be such a huge source of stress for him, yesterday he did it in a few minutes (on his own with the door closed!)--this kid doesn't even close the shower door, that's how much he hates/hated closed doors. He used to have such a short fuse, and now he's the most laid back, easygoing guy around.

DS11 is a changed boy. At recess, he used to wander the perimeter of the playground with his hood on. Yesterday I went to school and he was playing soccer with other kids and high-fiving them. When the bell rang, it took him awhile to get in line because he was so busy talking to someone.(!!!)

DS6 is holding strong too. It's harder to gauge him, b/c he's been making the transition from this sweet nurturing preschool to all day kdg. with lots of kids and big adjustments, and with him we're dealing with some yeast, so when we get that under control I'm excited to see what unfolds.

I'm kicking myself for not trying it sooner--if I'd had my kids on CM, we could have had a fantastic summer. Oh well. If anyone has been on the fence about trying CM, maybe this will encourage you. It's kind of expensive (around $10/pint), which is what held me back. But it's all in the way you frame it. If buying your kid a Jamba juice every day would keep their PANDAs symptoms at bay, would you do it? At 1/3 of a pint per day, CM is actually cheaper.

Hugs to you all! Thanks for reading. :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camel's milk = the poor man's IVIG.

I'm not even going to pretend to understand how it works beyond that. Here are some links that explain:

http://camelmilkforhealth.com/admin/uploads/pubs/Camel-milk-autoimmunity.pdf

http://grayson-youarewhatyoueat.blogspot.com/2011/05/why-does-camel-milk-work.html

http://nourishinghope.com/2011/11/camel-milk-healing-or-hype/

I've been reading a bit on the benefits of camel's milk and came across this:

"Autism research is a rapidly growing field. While many parents report great results with camel milk, recently new information has come to light about cerebral folate deficiency (CFD), a condition of below normal levels of folate in the central nervous system. Folate receptor protein alpha (FRA) transports folate in the central nervous system. Dr. Quadros who tested camel’s milk stated, “folate receptor alpha antigen is very similar to cow’s milk and the immunoreactivity with the folate receptor alpha is also similar.” In light of this new information, it appears for children who produce autoantibodies to the folate receptor alpha, camel milk would be contraindicated and should be avoided. Dr. Dan Rossignol has found these antibodies in 62% of children with ASD that he’s tested. Because it is so prevalent, Dr. Rossignol recommends all children with ASD be tested for FRA autoantibodies. You can learn more about testing from your doctor, Dr. Quadros, and Quadros Lab."

I'm not sure what this all means, I too am excited to try camel's milk but will have to look into what this means. Have a DAN appt today, I will inquire to see if he has had any experience with Camel's Milk.